St Luke's bid for Graves Park / Norton Nurseries

Do you support St Luke's bid?  

486 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support St Luke's bid?

• Yes
    • No

Someone named Andrew Jackson Coombe was granted a Personal Licence from the Gambling Commission on 27 July 2007. Is it the same one who is Chairman of the hospice board? If it is, does St Luke's need it for a lottery or something?

St Lukes do a Prize Draw thingie, and under the lotteries and gaming act, you need a licence to run such a venture.

A page on St Luke's website entitled 'The Future of St Luke's' seems to have been replaced with a page asking people to sign a petition. The original contained the line "We are St Luke’s Hospice not a developer." A cached copy can still be found by typing "Hospice not a developer" into a search engine. Wonder why it was replaced?

and in the Star

http://www.thestar.co.uk/letters/ST-LUKES-Let-all-enjoy.4017084.jp#2747945

Don't you just love 'em? "Regarding a letter about Graves Park and the proposed :loopy:nearby hospice:loopy:"

Hey that's fine. If they want a site near to Graves Park they could always have a word with Bishop Jack.

The old church halls are about to be demolished and the site sold for development. Perhaps the Cof E could give the site to the hospice if they don't feel the need to sell their own land at top dollar.

A friend of mine was in a St Lukes shop recently, and overheard a discussion on the lines of....

"It's really quiet again, isn't it?"

"Yes, it's been much quieter for a while now"

"You don't think it's anything to do with this Graves Park business, do you?"

"No"

Well, how wrong they are, because normally my friend would have been there with me and a couple of others - but not flippin' likely!

There are plenty of other charities about and the one that I have started supporting is Macmillan Cancer Support.

I think that people who attempt to offer support to cancer patients are at least as worthy as people who care for terminal patients. It is a difficult decision but Macmillan aren't trying to steal my park.

There are plenty of other charities about and the one that I have started supporting is Macmillan Cancer Support.

I think that people who attempt to offer support to cancer patients are at least as worthy as people who care for terminal patients. It is a difficult decision but Macmillan aren't trying to steal my park.

I've also made the same decision. What a sad state of affairs.

I don't agree with SLH building at Graves but think it only fair to note that I assume Macmillan didn't have to pay anything for the land at the NGH where the Macmillan Unit is.

I don't agree with SLH building at Graves but think it only fair to note that I assume Macmillan didn't have to pay anything for the land at the NGH where the Macmillan Unit is.

That is besides the point. St Lukes didn't pay for their current site. However that does not give them the right to demand that parkland be given to them.

If some generous benefactor wishes to donate to them that is one thing. Graves Park is a charity in its own right and the land was given by one of those generous benefactors who insisted it be used as parkland.

I think if I gave land to St Lukes on condition it was used as a hospice I would be very annoyed if the trustees accepted my gift and flogged off the land to someone else.

That's why I am withdrawing my support. I find the attitude of the board totally unacceptable

Archived