Had a dream about an old friend, what would you do?

I had a dream about an old school friend a few years ago and it really got to me. I've tried since then to find her and get in touch but i've not been able to trace her. So, if you're able to contact this person then if I were in your position I would make some sort of contact. A card, a note, a text, phone call.... whatever you feel most comfortable with.

I recently had vivid dreams about two old colleagues. I was moved to e-mail them to just say 'how are you'. Neither has replied. Do I worry or surmise that everything is ok?

A truly interesting thread...shows that some of us do have a connection to those who we thought we had forgotten about, in a time where it seems (to me) that 'moving on' is the fashion. However, let's say...that your dream is correct, that this person is not OK, and he really does need to speak to you...what then? What if this person still has feelings for you, stronger feelings than yours for them, and all you can offer is sympathy and well-wishes from a friend. If he does need help, can you offer it?

I suppose you have to consider the possible consequences of contacting this person after all this time. How might it effect this person, or a third party? Would you be contacting him, for him, or for yourself? Not that there's anything wrong with either, but it's worth thinking about. I don't know the answer to this, but I imagine you already do. I think there is intuition happening here, and it's quite heart-warming that people do have such strong connections to each other, after time apart. I'm sure with some soul-searching you'll make the right decision. Go with what you feel is right.:)

Dreams are often influenced by what occurred during your day through association. Perhaps someone or something reminded you of a quality or nuance that you associate with your old friend on either a conscious or subconscious level. How the dream played out as far as him being unhappy and that you need to help him, may just be nothing more than an unresolved need for closure as stated by JoeP.

Alternatively, it could be that your souls are bound together and that in your dream state he contacted you or that you have some kind of psychic ability.

From experience, I cannot dismiss the foretelling of future events in dreams in the slightest. Unfortunately, last summer I dreamed that my father had passed and I saw my mother crying over his body. Last November he passed unexpectedly and the scene was identical to my dream.

Go with your gut instincts. :thumbsup:

You know he's having a baby with his new partner...part of you feels that you have missed out. This is coming out in your dreams but you need to move on (he has).

Just my opinion, which is no better than anyone elses...just think on.

I think you're right here.

I recently had vivid dreams about two old colleagues. I was moved to e-mail them to just say 'how are you'. Neither has replied. Do I worry or surmise that everything is ok?

Surmise that everythings Ok, or that they've moved on, which amounts to the same thing.

I read the 'having a baby with his soon to be wife' as being part of one of the dreams ... :confused:

I do think you can get dreams that are trying to tell you something though, it's your unconscious/subconscious mind showing you in terms that your conscious mind struggles to make sense of, imo.

Most dreams, you don't even remember them, but I've had mysterious, out of the ordinary dreams and they've almost always turned out to be prophetic.

I had a vivid dream last night about Kylie Minogue dressed as a polar bear appearing in my bathroom while I was brushing my teeth.

I'm really worried about Kylie now - should I contact her?

I had a vivid dream last night about Kylie Minogue dressed as a polar bear appearing in my bathroom while I was brushing my teeth.

No, you need to put your heating on. Seeing polar bears in any form while dreaming means you are cold :D

Maybe she had the same dream, and polar bears are very dangerous.

Maybe she had the same dream, and polar bears are very dangerous.

Maybe she dreamt she saw Basil in her bathroom? I mean, think about it - who would you rather see looming over you while you're scrubbing your tegs?

Several hundreds pounds of razor clawed, death-dealing, shaggy carnivore?

Or a polar bear?

Maybe she dreamt she saw Basil in her bathroom? I mean, think about it - who would you rather see looming over you while you're scrubbing your tegs?

Several hundreds pounds of razor clawed, death-dealing, shaggy carnivore?

Or a polar bear?

Good point-the polar bear:hihi: