Worst tackle ever ?

pitsmoorlad

To be honest if you were a blade fan then that disgraceful display by the whole utd team and indeed there manager should make supporters hang there head in shame.Terrible.

Brooksy, I like your posts and sense of humour, but this is nonsense. I was there; you weren't. Let me explain what actually happened.

Early in the first half we (rightly) went down to ten men after Tracey was sent for handling outside the area. The match then drifted away in the background as we all snoozed and that lot went 2-0 up.

Santos came on mid-way through the second half, and within seconds committed an appalling challenge on the man who had nearly blinded him in front of the South Stand when at Forest. A straight red, and deservedly so.

It's at this point (after one, that's ONE, dreadful challenge had occurred) where what I saw, and what was reported are somewhat different. Derek McInnes, not known as the most tolerant of people is nutted by Suffo. Granted it was a straight red, but I'd love to know what was said or done to make him do that.

Equally, if you look at the ref's actions, and go back to the reports of the time, you could be forgiven for thinking that all the United players had gone on the rampage while every Baggies player was lined up on their goal line playing cards and having a pint in peace. What I saw was a brawl involving nearly everyone on the pitch, and action only being taken against United players. Not a single WestBrom player was booked in the match; they were brawling too. How does that work?

After that was the expected mauling from West Brom, and Curle seemed to lose it completely. Brown left the field quickly, and was then found to have a double hernia which kept him out for the rest of the season. All of our subs were used so we couldn't replace him, and the same of course with Ullathorne.

Warnock did nothing wrong (save for putting Santos on the first place maybe), and Megson's comments afterwards were an absolute disgrace, not to mention those from their chairman.

Two minutes of madness were our downfall that day, and the accusations that we wanted the game to be void don't even have foundation in the laws of the game.

We were hardly blameless, but don't make sweeping statements about something you know bugger all about.

Those who thought that Warnock was telling players to pretend to be injured and come off, obviously didn't see his look of utter bewilderment when he realised the referee had to abandon the game; if he'd known that was the rule, he'd have had both injured players go and sit on our goal-line or something.

Those who thought that Warnock was telling players to pretend to be injured and come off, obviously didn't see his look of utter bewilderment when he realised the referee had to abandon the game; if he'd known that was the rule, he'd have had both injured players go and sit on our goal-line or something.

Wouldn't have made any difference as it was about 82, or 83 minutes gone by that point. Didn't there used to be a rule which said that the result stands after 75 minutes, even if the match were abandoned?

To be honest if you were a blade fan then that disgraceful display by the whole utd team and indeed there manager should make supporters hang there head in shame.Terrible.

Well would have responded to this, but think HappyHippy puts it perfectly well.

NW said as much as well, he would have got them to sit on sidelines.

Wouldn't have made any difference as it was about 82, or 83 minutes gone by that point. Didn't there used to be a rule which said that the result stands after 75 minutes, even if the match were abandoned?

I think this is the case in Sunday League, but not sure about the top leagues. It isn't however the case in say Spain.