Worst tackle ever ?

pitsmoorlad

Dennis Irwin being tackled by .... if memory serves, someone playing for a Dutch team .. Guderian will know exactly which one I mean. That was a leg-breaker if ever I saw one.

However, if we use "worst" in a more general sense, I nominate Emlyn Hughes for his 'crazy horse' tackle. Even the referee fell about laughing.

The German goalkeeper's "tackle" on a French player in the 1982 World Cup semi final ended up with the player having to wear a neck brace for something like 9 months.

Strange, but I'm sure I heard that the French bloke picked Schumacher (the German keeper) as his best man at his wedding some time after.

German Keeper was Schumacher and player inujred was batiston (i think) and YES it was DEFFO the worst challenge have ever seen,french guy was lucky to come out of it alive it was that bad,weird thing is the goalkeeper didnt even get a yellow card for it!+

If same challenge happend now keeper wouldve been banned for months