Nurses, Having To Pay Parking To Work At The Jessops, Right Or Wrong ?

Should nurses have to pay £7.20 a day to park ?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Should nurses have to pay £7.20 a day to park ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

How dare you say we are paid fairly . We haven't had a pay rise for years . The cost of living is going up & our pay is not following. So DONT GIVE ME THE CRAP YOU HAVE JUST COME OUT WITH :mad:

You and nearly every one else in the country as well.

Why should the public purse pay for you to park at your workplace when the majority of people visiting the hospital and all the clerical and janitorial staff don't? I see people moaning in this thread about highly paid consultants getting free parking, but if nurses got free parking then in the eyes of the midnight porter on his minimum wage who had to pay to park his car - you are just another freeloader.

At the Bradford Royal where I work , we have to pay 15.00 quid a month . We are still not guaranteed a space.

---------- Post added 19-11-2013 at 23:22 ----------

Kristian

How dare you say we are paid fairly . We haven't had a pay rise for years . The cost of living is going up & our pay is not following. So DONT GIVE ME THE CRAP YOU HAVE JUST COME OUT WITH :mad:

Others have said, but I'll say it again there is no point shouting at something said in 2007 as if it's just been said.

All the people who are against nurses having free parking will never see the benefit of it until they desperatley need the help of these professionals, and for the information of some do you really believe the pay is fantastic?

Should we therefore support the support staff in getting free parking?

Why only nurses? Porters and cleaners and even the cooks are an integral part of hospital life but they don't get free parking.

All the people who are against nurses having free parking will never see the benefit of it until they desperatley need the help of these professionals, and for the information of some do you really believe the pay is fantastic?

Professionals? This doesn't sound very "professional" to me:

some Nurses have to park on the side of the road , only to have 2 hrs then they get fined, so in the middle of a busy shift they have to move the car !

If nurses pay for a parking permit out of their salary then they should jolly well be guaranteed a parking bay. It is quite ridiculous to have to pay twice. Also I would like to see a published list of all staff, job descriptions and miles to travel to work. I suspect that many consultants have guaranteed parking bays irrespective of journey length; how else would they be able to travel to their lucrative private work? If I am wrong about this please do correct me.

As a Band 6 Sister with over 15 years nursing experience I can confirm that the salary for the top of afc band six is £34,530 per annum.

No I don't expect special privileges for parking, but also I don't see why I, or any of the other members of staff at STH should have to pay twice when the staff car parks are full due to the fact that there are not enough spaces.

I work at the Northern General and using public transport would add an extra 2 hours to my working day.

There is also the little matter of personal safety as there have been a number of attacks on staff members who have had to use public transport or who have to park in the streets surrounding the hospital.