Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

alberts on city road.mixed kebab on nan is the best in sheffield.

Just a shame there chips nearly made me sick i had to chuck them in the bin they were swimming in fat when i bought some the other week :gag: it was absolutely disgusting needless to say i will never be going back there for chips again.

Any chip shop that sells Kebabs I give a wide berth! Greeks and Chinese are hopeless when it comes to fish and chips!

Cleethorpes run is good and the cafe owner at the side of the railway station on sea-front is an ex-sheffielder but in sheff i love handsworth chips done in real beef dripping,some people say they are burnt because they are brown like chips used to be in olden days

broomheads in crookes and valley rd are by far the best in sheff

hi just wondering were can i find the best chippy in sheffield just wondering what u would suggest and what is the worst

Best :love:

Arundel Road Fisheries - Chapeltown

The Supper Spot - Loxley Road

Worst :gag:

Les'als Plaice or whatever they call it now on Greengate Lane - High Green

Edited by kidneystone

Cleethorpes run is good and the cafe owner at the side of the railway station on sea-front is an ex-sheffielder but in sheff i love handsworth chips done in real beef dripping,some people say they are burnt because they are brown like chips used to be in olden days

Which one in Handsworth.

Although Chip Shops are widely regarded to be the work of the devil, I believe that God would buy his chips from the one on Derbyshire Lane (is it called the abbey friar?).

Don't bother with chippies much as they are generally very poor now around here, especially the Admiral on Frecheville shops. Anyway after seeing the recommendations on here we went all the way to Tonys at Mosborough.

Well either its been taken over or they lost the plot on Saturday evening. Everything we had, for a family of 6, was absolutely awful. Overcooked beyond belief and the dark brown batter made everything taste like it had been cooked in old, burnt oil.

Never going there again.

I think Tony's has changed ownership ... not a patch on what it was 5 yrs ago!

Having moved from a fishing town, I have to bid for Two Steps - excellent quality fish! Don't bother on a Friday night though - still good fish, but it's so busy that the batter tends to be a bit soggy.

Green Steps (their other place round the corner) is also really good if you fancy something different. They do gluten free fish and chips, which is a bit like having your fish wrapped in Nik-Naks - bright orange, but really crunchy!