Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

FYI the one on Sharrow Vale Road (two steps, I think it is called) is closed on Sundays. I was surprised as I would imagine it being one of the busiest nights for fish and chips!

It wasn't so long ago that they weren't allowed to open on a Sunday because there was no fish landing or wholesale fish market that day. The fish wouldn't have been fresh.

A few weeks ago I bought fish and chips from the chippy in Burncross Road at Chapeltown (near the Royal Mail delivery office. The woman who served me charged me £6.50. Methinks that's for the shop, this is for me. I hope I am wrong.

Edited by Nigel Womersle

• 3 weeks later...

I see a lot of people saying poseiden but it depends where you are from as your not going to travel 10 miles for chips are you ! Chippys for me are good or bad and not in between and by far my favourite is ballifield fry at handsworth, a propper English chippy run by English people who understand fish and chips !

Edited by Starlc