Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

33 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

The village in Ecclesfield is superb .

Did you discover this on your endless search for Stones Bitter?

Anyone know what the Fish and Chip shop on Coal Pit Lane in Stocksbridge is like? I came back from Stocksbridge to Walkley the scenic route last week and the smell went I went past was lovely.

15 minutes ago, websters gue said:

Anyone know what the Fish and Chip shop on Coal Pit Lane in Stocksbridge is like? I came back from Stocksbridge to Walkley the scenic route last week and the smell went I went past was lovely.

Welcome back Websters,

But come on, I thought it was us Jocks that were tight.

Get yer hands in yer pockets :hihi:

Have a battered Haggis on me 8)

7 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Welcome back Websters,

But come on, I thought it was us Jocks that were tight.

Get yer hands in yer pockets :hihi:

Have a battered Haggis on me 8)

When it comes to tightness us Yorkshire folk will give your lot some fair competition. I like Haggis but don’t fancy it battered love.

3 minutes ago, websters gue said:

When it comes to tightness us Yorkshire folk will give your lot some fair competition. I like Haggis but don’t fancy it battered love.

I had noticed :thumbsup:

Best Battered Haggis.

Berti's  chip shop in Brampton up near Hadrian's Wall.

Keep safe, Eat well 🧐

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

Did you discover this on your endless search for Stones Bitter?

Chapeltown club has a huge sign over the front door , proclaiming to the World that they sell Stoooooooneses , guess what.

Does anyone know of a decent fish & chip shop in, or near, the Sheffield town centre, where you can have a sit down, eat- in fish & chip meal.? My little nephew loves his fish & chips & the last few times I've been to visit, I've taken him to the Market Chippy in the Moor Market. We both like the Market Chippy - maybe not the best I've ever had, but it's perfectly acceptable & the food is always piping hot and freshly fried. It's reasonably priced. the portion sizes are good, the service is quick & friendly. We'd happily go back there. It does sometimes get a bit crowded and rowdy though, in the Moor Market food area, so it might be nice to try somewhere different for a change. Any recommendations?

7 minutes ago, FIRETHORN1 said:

Does anyone know of a decent fish & chip shop in, or near, the Sheffield town centre, where you can have a sit down, eat- in fish & chip meal.? My little nephew loves his fish & chips & the last few times I've been to visit, I've taken him to the Market Chippy in the Moor Market. We both like the Market Chippy - maybe not the best I've ever had, but it's perfectly acceptable & the food is always piping hot and freshly fried. It's reasonably priced. the portion sizes are good, the service is quick & friendly. We'd happily go back there. It does sometimes get a bit crowded and rowdy though, in the Moor Market food area, so it might be nice to try somewhere different for a change. Any recommendations?

Only round the corner....

Screenshot-20221114-162426-Maps.jpg

Thanks for the info  HeHasRisen. We'll give it a try next time. Have you ever tried this chippy? If so - what did you think of it?