Tips for a happier bus journey - Bus Passengers Read

Ok, whats the worst and the best thing that has made your day on the busses. Please quotes route.

The worst part is the fact that a volvoB7 wont get through a drive through McDonalds,this is quite clearly discrimination against bus drivers and needs to be addressed without delay.

However I am told that LUI 3787 can get through burger king at park gate! this is a powels bus but sadly I dont like Burger King

1) Buses pulling away too fast, before passengers are sat down

answer - Find a seat faster

2) Buses braking too sharply.

answer - hold onto the handrails with a good grip, thats what they are there for.

3) Buses not picking passengers up at bus stops.

answer - wait for the next bus.

answer2 - also, always have a smile on your face when at the bus stop, if someone looks annoyed, the driver may decide to simply drive past.

4) Driver leaving the heater on in summer.

answer - wear lighter weight clothes.

5) Area poorly served by public transport.

answer - move to an area thats well served.

Hopefully these tips should make you bus experience more pleasant.

1) We're advised not to stand up while the bus is moving/approaching a stop.. why isn't this the same when the bus is pulling away?

2) Yes that's what hand rails are for - but what if you are infirm, or carrying heavy or awkward bags?

3) Fair enough if the bus is full.. but why does the driver get off on deciding who to pick up by the looks on their faces?

4) Or ask the driver nicely to turn it off because you can't grip the hand rails when your hands are sweaty..

5) Our family moved 3 times to places with more services, and it's only been up til now that bus services have ever been adequate, so how does that help?

I use public transport because I have no other choice, and I am quite happy with services around Sheffield. I say please when I board, and thank you when I feel I have received an adequate service - but all this is irrelevant if the driver's in one of those moods, you can always tell if he/she is peed off, so how about listening to a consumers suggestion - change of job, perhaps?

I've seen the infirm trying to use transport on the days that the driver's in one of those moods, and it's not a very dignified way of travelling trying to grab a seat while the bus is caining it away from the stop. On the other hand, I did witness a driver get out the cab and help an old lady across Ecclesall road this week, so I'm not completely disillusioned and will continue to rely on buses, why.. because we all just have to get on with it.

How long does it take for passengers to find a seat, after paying the fare?

This idiot was messing about dawling up the bus isle, so rather than wait, I pulled away very sharply from the stop.

The idiot, then fell into a seat AND THEN...... (this was the ultimate act) clobbered the person by the window on the nose, causing a nose bleed. (PRAT)

Sometimes pulling away sharply is the best way to get people in their seats

Should you really be driving a public service vehicle - you sound like a complete to$$er to me :loopy: