Man with cancer thrown out of pub for refusing to take off hat.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Cancer-man-thrown-out-of.6021730.jp

This pub and it's Landlady do seem to attract a lot of negative publicity on this forum.

There is already a large thread on SF about the attitude of staff at the sherwood at frecheville.

This incident is particularly disturbing.

Since when have hats been offensive anyway?

Edited by alex3659

What a non-story.

Is this what constitutes news these days?

After all, this is the Sheffield Star: a paper who would rather trawl the internet for news rather than actually go out and find it.

Edited by damo

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Cancer-man-thrown-out-of.6021730.jp

This pub and it's Landlady do seem to attract a lot of negative publicity on this forum.

There is already a large thread on SF about the attitude of staff at the sherwood at frecheville.

This incident is particularly disturbing.

Since when have hats been offensive anyway?

that boozer must have the most hated landlady in sheffield....no wonder they are always fighting outside....

I'm reading it now properly :D

Good, you missed the key paragraph - the only reason this is remotely news worthy

"They asked me to take it off. I started to feel a bit panicky and a bit nervous. I took the lady to one side and told her I'd got cancer and had been going through chemo. But she didn't care and said I would have to leave if I didn't take it off.