Whatever happened to Irvine Patnick?

Those who remember the old Stranglers hit 'What ever happened to all the Heros?' may recall that the line "whatever happened to Irvine Patnick" was strangely absent.

No doubt apologists for the 1970's punk rock group will claim that the song was released in 1977 and that it was another 20 years before dear old Sir Irvine lost his seat in the 1997 general election. So be it.

Never-the-less the question still remains unanswered; what did happen to lovely old Sir Irvine after 1997. He didn't stand in 2001 nor is he standing this year. Has he retired from politics?

didnt the patnicks own a string of junk shops in sheffield in the 80s ? maybe hes in the house of lords

I think Irvine Patnick used to own a pawn shop in Hillsborough long before he became an MP.

Long since retired - used to be Tory MP in Hallam before Liberal Democrats got him out.

Lets start a 'Bring back Sir irvine' campaign. It isn't too late for him to stand in this election in Hallam.

Here is the chorus of his campaign song set to the tune of The Red Flag:

Sir Irvinre comes,

the people cheer,

we'll keep the blue flag ,

flying here.

:clap:

Guest Cutglass

Well apparently Sir Irvine is chairman of Watt solutions and if you follow the link:

http://www.watt-solutions.co.uk/

there is an email address in case anyone wants to contact him.

Originally posted by panda79

didnt the patnicks own a string of junk shops in sheffield in the 80s ? maybe hes in the house of lords

Oh for many many years before that....called Patnicks Junkarama :D

Patnicks shop is featured in the local picture book 'A Hillsborough Camera'; you can get it at WH Smiths and I believe also the Sheffield Star offices.

i used to know irvine patnick when i was a small girl in the late 60s my mum used to clean the offices for himself and his brother,it was on shales moor next to a pub i forget the name of.

Originally posted by slimsid2000

Never-the-less the question still remains unanswered; what did happen to lovely old Sir Irvine after 1997. He didn't stand in 2001 nor is he standing this year. Has he retired from politics?

I work with his nephew, I could ask him if you like.

Originally posted by deelightful3

i used to know irvine patnick when i was a small girl in the late 60s my mum used to clean the offices for himself and his brother,it was on shales moor next to a pub i forget the name of.

the pub was th mosely,irvine and his brother phillip had a buildng company at shalesmoor,my father worked for them both for a lot of yrs,when irvine went into politics,phillip had a junk shop on abbeydale rd,the junkerama at pagehall belonged to another brother i believe.