The Prince of Wales pub on Derbyshire Lane - has it closed down?

I was a barmaid there for a while, but left a couple of months ago. Today I was told the landlady had left and the pub has since been shut down?!

Just wondering if anyone knew if this was true or not because it showed no signs of being close to shutting down when I was working there so it has come as a bit of a surprise!

Sportygirl

Had an email with the following bit of news....

The Prince of Wales on Derbyshire lane has just been acquired by Danny Grayson of the White Lion at Heeley Bottom and The Chantrey Arms of Woodseats and will be offering 3 Cask ales to start with which will be Local favourites Tetleys Bitter, Abbeydale Moonshine and Thornbridge Jaipur. Support from cask ale drinkers will be greatly appreciated to ensure the survival of this quality local pub.

Bus 20A passes the pubs front door.

That is good news. Like the Lion and Chantrey is ok, especially to watch a match! :)

It reopened on Thursday which is good to see in the current climate.

Well, Danny Grayson, I'll be barred from me local then :hihi:

you not the only one leah-lacie :)

I went past the other day and the Prince of Wales on Derbyshire Lane is closed and boarded up.

Anyone know what's happening ?

A while back I put on here a thread about the death of the British pub and the possibility of the last pub closing in the country out came the mockers but it looks like it fast becoming ture.

The landlord passed away, I`m afraid. His family were trying to keep it going, last I heard.

The landlord passed away, I`m afraid. His family were trying to keep it going, last I heard.

I think that might be the Mount Pleasant further up Derbyshire Lane, unles the same happened at the Prince

I think that might be the Mount Pleasant further up Derbyshire Lane, unles the same happened at the Prince

Doh. You`re correct of course.

btw , Interesting revisiting the stories re Mr Grayson. He just has Chantrey now doesn`t he? Heard an interesting tale or two recently...

Doh. You`re correct of course.

btw , Interesting revisiting the stories re Mr Grayson. He just has Chantrey now doesn`t he? Heard an interesting tale or two recently...

I thought he got rid of The Chantrey a couple of years ago doesn't he still have Champs on Ecclesall rd?