Where can I buy Indian spices in Sheffield?

Anyone know any decent shops in sheffield that sell spices and such? I'm looking for various things that go into curries as well as tamarind and things like that. Don't think morrisons will be much use...

theres a shop in the meat market does things like that

There is a very good shop up spital hill,ellsmere road next to the bakery.

You can get everything in there,and the guy is really helpful.

There is a place in Darnall that sells fresh spices by weight. Whenever i've seen it its been full of asians buying spices which can only be a good sign

give these a call.

aslam wholesale 2443356

they're located near makro...i get things from them...spices are very authentic.

they are wholesaler's but if u go in afternoon,when they're not too busy,they will be only too happy to serve u.

ask for kabir...thats the owners son.

If you venture into Rotherham you'll find PAK supermarket. Its an asian supermarket up wellgate where kwik save used to be

Take a walk down Abbeydale Road you will find everything you want and a few things you didn't know you needed.

Anyone know any decent shops in sheffield that sell spices and such? I'm looking for various things that go into curries as well as tamarind and things like that. Don't think morrisons will be much use...

Try the shop on the corner of Abbeydale Road & Bedale Road, it's absolutely brilliant. :thumbsup:

i would imagine london road has a few shops that sell them

More than a few, the best shop for spices is next to the Abeydale cinema/snooker club.

There's loads of indian corner shops around Sharrow that have loads of nice spices.