Are there any good Ska nights in sheffield?

I know Fat Piggys used to do one but last I heard it doesn't do it anymore, could be wrong though!

The Earl have got a Friday night free this week if you fancy a bit of a Ska night. Decks are set up and ready to go.

My tickets arrived this morning - cheers to everyone at No Rules for fetching Lars and his band to Sunny Sheff!!!!!

no-rules tis just me......

anyone else thinking of seeing mr lars needs to get tickets pretty swiftish, becuase as i'm sure you can imagine, people are leaping at the chance to see him in a small intimate sweaty show, and tix are flying out.

any of you lot remember BMR? Started as Blind Mole Rat in Pitsmoor.

They really hit the spot, but where they ended up I don't know, altho 2 of them ran off with a checkoslovakian circus for a while.

And if you organised something, I'd come but I can't play ANYTHING - sorry. But it would be good.

hi guys

nick from the above mentioned a is for ape here

i am playing with capdown tonight (friday) and have cheap tickets if you want them at £5 instead of £7.50

if you want one simply email me and i'll arrange to meet you outside the venue

cheers, much appreciated nick

[email protected]

I think The Boardwalk sometimes have Ska nights... I keep seeing posters advertising Bad Manners there. Aren't they the famous Ska group who had big hits with Can Can and Teddy Bears Picnic?

Has someone given up on this idea, would be good - can still hire Bar Abbey on Abbeydale rd where Fat Piggy ska was held I think. Just seen Capdown tonight and was full of 17 yr old kids.

Originally posted by graceomally

any of you lot remember BMR? Started as Blind Mole Rat in Pitsmoor.

They really hit the spot, but where they ended up I don't know, altho 2 of them ran off with a checkoslovakian circus for a while.

And if you organised something, I'd come but I can't play ANYTHING - sorry. But it would be good.

I went to a gig around 1996 in the WMC behind the flats around St Georges in Netherthorpe - I was under the impression that it was supposed to be Blind Mole Rat's last ever gig.

They were a great band (the one and only time I saw them) and were supported by another great band but can't remember exactly who - I want to say Bender but could be wrong. I never heard of any Blind Mole Rat gigs after that I assumed they had split or whatever. Anyone know different?

i remember seeing you at badmanners at the boardwalk fatpiggy,good set i must admit,and will definately see you on 21st

if your to busy to start one,lets get one in the pipeline