Are there any good Ska nights in sheffield?

Is it true the Left over Crack gig is set to start at 4 in the afternoon to make space for a dance night after it?

This is my main problem with gigs not being at Corp, when you see them at Leadmill you get kicked out after but at Corp included in the ticket price you get a club night after.

Now if their was a ska night on at Zero following on from LOC that would be a big bonus

Originally posted by boyface

Thats a pretty lame point because until not that long ago wasn't corp Unit? Which was without a tradition of live shows

Anyways, I've been to gigs in Zero at least as far back as a year ago...maybe 2.

The Unit may not have had a tradition of live shows but Corp DOES - which is what I actually meant.

If you pay attention to the last paragraph of that post you will see why I tend to look to the Corp for gig listings etc - and seeing as I don't get into Sheff much anymore I'd never heard of .Zero until I found out about the Lars gig.

Congratulations to you though for going to gigs there for the last couple of years - Well Done!!

Barfly were based at zero for a while after the NCPM shut. They have put quite a few gigs on there over the last year. I

"This is my main problem with gigs not being at Corp, when you see them at Leadmill you get kicked out after but at Corp included in the ticket price you get a club night after."

but thats why gigs at the Corp tend to be much higher priced, at least for touring bands.... also I can't see the Saturday rock night at the corp doing much for the Leftover Crack audience.... most of my shows are on saturdays and i'd rather than stick rusty nails in my eyes than listen to the crap they play.... (no offense metallers who are into that stuff)

wherever i booked the show i'd have started it at 4 with an eye to finishing around 10.15-10.30 because a lot of people travel and they start leaving around 10.15 due to sheffields excellent transport links with the rest of the north!!!

rubysoho, none taken, was just trying to point out why the Corp doesn't have a god given right to any show... your views as the corp as a venue correspond with pretty much everyones opinions

i've asked.... yes it did have a good reputation for live shows, but that was thanks to bank street, which was an excellent venue, the new room at Corp COULD have been good, but i feel live music has taken a back seat to the club nights - and why not? if that brings in the punters.... and the fact someone emailed you showed the promotion is working... hurrah!

venger - capdown are amazing - though they aren't as ska as they once were....

for all ska fans come down and see the Pietasters on the 27th Nov at .Zero, catch it kebabs are on along with 3 other top ska bands... it will be a good un....

Stu

My friend who e-mailed me about the Lars gig lives in Somerset - you must have one hell of a promotion thing going to reach all the way down there!!!!

La la la la la Laaaaaaa!!!!

I have just ordered my tickets for Lars and the ******** - so am tres happy at the moment.....

....now if we could just get Rancid to play in Sheff - ah, the stuff dreams are made of!!!!!

Originally posted by Rubysoho

....now if we could just get Rancid to play in Sheff - ah, the stuff dreams are made of!!!!!

Played in Notts last year..........

How did Left oVer Crack go to anyone who was their?

A big bunch of punks walked into the IndyMedia fil i was watching that day talking about the gig, made me very jealous. Had to go and buy Give Em the Boot IV to chear myself up for missing out. Wicked Comp by the way

Originally posted by Disco_Cat

Played in Notts last year..........

he he, I know, I was there.....AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

i sang on stage with pauline black and selecctor in halifax about 5 years ago....they were singing "on my radio" i jumped on stage,the boncers launched me back into the crowd.....she beckoned me back on.....the bouncers lifted me up and i sang the rest of the song with her..(quite badly)..she then gave me a big snog:D :D :D :D the missis tried to get it on camera and failed..i was gutted:( (flash wouldn't work)

I was at Zero this Sat for Leftover Crack.

Got there about 5pm, it was a monster line up - 8 or 9 bands (I forget as the beer flowed ;)) with Leftover Crack coming on approx 9pm...I was a bit sloshed at this point heh.

Enjoyed it immensely, place was near to capacity I believe.

Really REALLY liked Five Knuckle (who are from Bristol) and was impressed with local band The Arguments who I'd not seen before.

8/9 bands, 5 hours of live stuff for £8 ticket. cant complain.

Thanks a lot stu for organising, lots more ahead too!

All you lucky people with a decent internet connection may find this of interest, just got to from Captain Oi! records not idea what it‘s like:

PUNKY REGGAE PARTY INVITE

A quick reminder that you can tune in to the "Punky Reggae Party" tonight and every Monday night from 7pm - 8.30pm - Just go to "http://www.icrfm.co.uk" and click on listen , then be prepared for an aural assault of classic Punk , Reggae , Ska & whatever else we throw in the blender tonight - What will this weeks "Fannyfare for the common man be ?" + 3 suffolk bumpkins talking squit in funny country accents - Join Red Glenn / Rikki Flag & Fanny for the party tonight.

Cheers

Is there not a Ska nite at Bar Abbey on abbeydale road (old picture house) - Fat Piggy's?

Also - http://www.madmanners.co.uk are based in sheffield - take a look (yeah I know the CSS needs fixing up, but I'm busy!)

Leave em a message they love it.

This lot are packing out WMCs all over the north. Rude Boy revival.