Are there any good Ska nights in sheffield?

the everyone centre or the grapes could be good?

oh well,hope to hear about some upandcoming nights,havnt had a good skank since last bad manners gig..

Originally posted by no_rules

no-rules tis just me......

anyone else thinking of seeing mr lars needs to get tickets pretty swiftish, becuase as i'm sure you can imagine, people are leaping at the chance to see him in a small intimate sweaty show, and tix are flying out.

Got my tickets last week. Very ****ing excited.

Title for smallest ,sweatiest show of the tour must however go to the Vic in Derby. That will be sheer brutality in a gig. It only takes about 50 people to get the place so hot sweat pours off the ceiling.

Any chance of you getting to Voodoo glow Skulls to stop of here on their next tour?

it's already sorted mate, they're here 30th April....

in fact for all ska fans it's a ska weekend!!! 2 quality US acts...

Fri 29th April - Streetlight manifesto - ex catch 22 - all the good members who were responsible for writing the keasby nights LP

+ phinius gage and buzzill venue tbc £6

Sat 30th April - Voodoo glow Skulls + Filaments + sonic Boom 6 + arguments + more .Zero £8 adv

i'm gonna do a limited number of special £12 tickets which gets you into both shows

glad you got yer Lars tickets sorted, there's about 50 left in total at all outlets... i agree Derby vic will be insane!!!! i think official cap is 200 there, and i've been to a few sold out shows there and it ain't pleasant - great atmosphere though!!!

Yeah official capacity may be 200 but how many guests will be blagged in for the Lars gig????? Especially with Muggsy living upstairs these days.

To the rest of the forum I swear my Voodoo post wasn’t a pre orchestrated plug attempt, I'd just got my mail out from way ahead and was gutted to see another ska band skipping Sheffield. Obviously my worries were unfounded.

I'd be very interested in some of those £12 tickets, keep us informed are both events at Zero?.

Man, just got some of their stuff off Napster and Streetlight Manifesto rule me.

First time at Zero tomorrow night, what are drink prices like for a gig, any drink offers preferably cheap ass snakebite.

fatpiggymc plays more Kylie and Spice Girls nowadays instead of SKA. Catch him at the Noose & Gibbet on Broughton Lane. You can't miss him, he is the fat piggy one.

ok so I was joking about Kylie and the Spice Girls but that SKA version of the Birdie Song always goes down well.

i was at the arundel ex servicemans club on city road the other night & this ska band was playing calling themselves (mad manners) very good i thought as did the whole club.if you have any quieries you can contact

stu _ 07950401270

sean _ 07984092962

alan _ 0114 2580338

i wanted to ask them some questions & they gave me a card & said i could phone them up at any time & they would be happy to answer any questions,you could also book them if they aren't busy,i hope this helps.

"it's a rude boy revival"

I know this topic is somewhat old, but I have a question for anyone that was at the Streetlight Manifesto gig at Zero last month.

Did they play any Catch-22 songs? I was sure I heard two but others have disagreed with me.

Thanks

THERE IS A NEW NIGHT STARTING AT THE WASHINGTON ON THURSDAY 4TH OF AUGUST CALLED PLAN B PLAYING SKA & TWO-TONE STUFF MIXED IN WITH SOUL & PUNK/NEW WAVE STUFF.