Cricket thread - INDIA tour

CHAIRBOY

had great day out yesterday. shame about the result. Vaughan getting out was the turning point. That was my first trip to Trent Bridge. It's now my favourite test ground - easy walk from the station so none of that cramming into packed trams like at old trafford, and the less said about headingley the better. Guinness is £3 a pint too.

It's a lot more civilised than Old Trafford and Headingley. I've been going there for a few years now.

Carcrash top tip. There's a pizza/kebab place next door to a Domino pizza place, if you nip out quickly during the morning or afternoon drinks break and order and pay for your order they will have it prepared and and ready to go for 1pm or 3.40 and you can take the food back into the ground. Miss all the queues and the £4.50 burgers

It's a lot more civilised than Old Trafford and Headingley. I've been going there for a few years now.

Carcrash top tip. There's a pizza/kebab place next door to a Domino pizza place, if you nip out quickly during the morning or afternoon drinks break and order and pay for your order they will have it prepared and and ready to go for 1pm or 3.40 and you can take the food back into the ground. Miss all the queues and the £4.50 burgers

Cheers for the tip. I usually bring a big picnic and graze throughout the day, but I'll bear that in mind in case I don't have time to prepare one next year. I have a a good tip for avoiding the drinks queue if you're interested.

I see India have finished the first day at the Oval on 316 for 4. And to think they looked as if they might get 600 in their fiirst innings at one time when they were 189 for 1. Ganguly was unfortunate to be given out lbw when he got a thick inside edge onto the pad, which made the score 278 for 4.

Tomorrow will certainly be a fascinating make or break day for both sides.

He was playing "Rule Britannia" wasn't he? I can't believe how Strauss threw his wicket away. Unless we can get a mammoth score (which won't happen), and Monty could get a "Double Michelle" on a dusty Oval, all we can do is save a draw.

India have batted their way to winning the series already.

He was playing "Rule Britannia" wasn't he? I can't believe how Strauss threw his wicket away. Unless we can get a mammoth score (which won't happen), and Monty could get a "Double Michelle" on a dusty Oval, all we can do is save a draw.

India have batted their way to winning the series already.

I assumed he was playing the last post. The sound was turned down

And England finished the day on 326 for 9, still 338 behind.