Cricket thread - INDIA tour

CHAIRBOY

Oh blimey, Anderson's got a "five-for"! He swung the ball brilliantly.

And all the criticism I've aimed at him! Actually, all our pace bowlers bowled well this morning.

I've started calling them a "Michelle" now, just to confuse people. In the same way as my lottery style bet for 99p on the fixed odds involving two-all draws involves seven 'Desmonds' in trebles and upwards.

Well, with the weather I think it's interestingly poised. A good stand by Karthik, and half of the middle order to come, there could be some interesting bowling on a 5th day wicket.

I think Monty has shown what a clever bowler he can be in this Test. He's shown some real guile. That said, I think both sides are in transition, which makes this 'mini series' so intriguing for me.

Anderson has blown hot and cold in County and the top level, and I'm still not conviced by Tremlett; I think Broad was the better option, though Tremlett has bowled well.

Both tail ends look deeply disappointing with the bat too. This could be a good 5th day to watch.

And should be over, weather permitting, before I go to watch United Reserves in Dronfield :)

Something needs sorting regarding the time it takes to get the teams back on the field after bad light or rainfall.

Yesterday afternoon (23rd July) the conditions looked good enough for the players to return. Only, there was a 35 minute wait between the decision to resume play and the players coming back out to do so. It then soon started to rain again and as we know, the game was declared a draw with England needing one wicket.

Okay, so it was England who were unlucky this time and in the past the weather has saved us many a mauling.

But why can't the umpires simply get the players back out as soon as the rain has stopped? People pay good money to watch cricket!

I've got tickets for Trent Bridge, Radcliffe Road end and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm hoping that this bloody weather clears up for a few days. Hopefully India are going to be a much stiffer test than the West Indies were and we see some competitive cricket

What days have you got tickets for? I've got a ticket for monday. If the weather holds, and with the way things are going, this match could be over by then .:cry:

It might be, but we had desperate luck with the ball, and Monty in particular had two good shouts turned down, one which was as plumb as plumb can be in my opinion.

A bit more luck in the morning session, and it would have been a much more open Test. To state the obvious, the rain or an England style collapse notwithstanding, this is clearly India's for the taking.