Cricket thread - INDIA tour

CHAIRBOY

I'm sure that Broad will get the nod above Anderson. I'd still like to see Jon Lewis from Gloucestershire get a chance.

I think Hoggard, Sidebottom and Lewis are a bit "samey" and could struggle if the conditions were not right. I agree that he should possibly be given a chance but not in the same team.

I'm sure that Broad will get the nod above Anderson. I'd still like to see Jon Lewis from Gloucestershire get a chance.

I think Lewis has been injured - he's only played two matches this season and taken 1 wicket in each match. Plus he's too similar to Hoggy and Sidebottom who are both in pretty good nick at the moment.

I don't know much about Broad - is he a bit quicker than Anderson?

I think Hoggard, Sidebottom and Lewis are a bit "samey" and could struggle if the conditions were not right. I agree that he should possibly be given a chance but not in the same team.

Possibly, but overall I think Lewis has that bit of variation of pace, which the other two don't, and just seems more consistent than Sidebottom, though Ryan has played very well in recent weeks.

I think Lewis has been injured - he's only played two matches this season and taken 1 wicket in each match. Plus he's too similar to Hoggy and Sidebottom who are both in pretty good nick at the moment.

I don't know much about Broad - is he a bit quicker than Anderson?

I'd say he was a touch slower if anything, but I'd describe them both (Broad and Anderson) as fast-medium.

Lewis had an operation on his ankle, but has come out of it well. Maybe the selectors think he needs more cricket before getting back in the squad. He did well in the 20/20 mickey mouse competition yesterday, conceding just 15 from his 4 overs. Considering he was whacked for 11 off the first, it wasn't bad.

I'd still like to have a medium pacer in this attack, but it just seems there isn't one about.