Cricket thread - INDIA tour

CHAIRBOY

Tremlett plays in his first ever first-class match at Lord's.

Really? He must have played there against Middlesex or what about the C&G final in 2005? Will be interesting to see how Tremlett does. The players Peter Moores has brought in have done pretty well so far (Sidebottom and Prior).

Really? He must have played there against Middlesex or what about the C&G final in 2005? Will be interesting to see how Tremlett does. The players Peter Moores has brought in have done pretty well so far (Sidebottom and Prior).

Yes, he did play in that 2005 game but that isn't "First-Class".

I can't believe Tremlett is playing instead of Broad.

Me neither. I think Tremlett's body-language is dreadful. Just seen him LBW for 0, playing down the wrong line. Score now 291-8 at 2.30pm ENGLAND ALL-OUT 298!

Gower, Saturday, was talking about the "new, less timid Tremlett" Just remembered he reminds me of Ivan Lendl.

An interesting day's play really for me, where England lost the initiative with a familiar collapse, but two late wickets may just leave it finely poised.

I still think the weather will win, but if VVS can score heavily along with Ganguly, when the nightwatchman disappears (if he does), how could that leave the Test?

Some nice bowling from England though really, and even though I still say Broad should have been in, Tremlett bowled pretty well, and hearty congratulations on his first Test wicket too.