The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

Try Headstart on Proctor Place Hillsborough - they are all good hairdressers their, but especially Beth.

Always good advice, always good service.

There's a place on Langsett Road that Dad and I go to, he does a very good job, and he opens on Sundays till 4 PM, he's between Paget's the builders place and the George IV Pub.

I am really fussy about my hair and have been to all the best places far and wide. Have been going to Sara now for about four years and she is fantastic!!

Tried to book my wife in, have rang a few times in the last week, but no answer and I've heard a rumour they have recently closed/moved on, nothing on the website seems to indicate that?

They have closed - I used to go there until recently . Some of the hairdressers from there move to Hair Union just up the road .

Edited by pottedplant

Are there any mans barbers where you can go along and say 'do something that will suit me' and they use their skill and expertise to create a style that suits your face / head etc.. kind of like a hair makeover you see the ladies getting on TV? IM not wanting highlights etc or something that takes a bottle of hairs spray and an hour to coiffer every morning tho!

taylor's surry street quality

Thanks. Do you have to ask for anyone in particular or just turn up and take the next seat?

We would like to let all customers know that Anne and Sheryl are no longer at Hoopers on Abbey lane and have moved to Hush on Hutcliffe Wood road.

We would like to thank all customers both old and new for their support.

Just to let all clients know we are now offering gel fx nails for £15.00.

Has anyone used the hair dressers on Valley Rd in Meersbrook?

Money is tight for me and its only a few minutes walk, plus the price is in my budget. I dont need anything serious doing, just cleaning up as I havent had my hair cut in a couple of years.. I want it to be brought back to just below my shoulder with teeny bit of layers cut in.

Also, does anyone know if any hairdressers work with Locks of Love or a similar charity? When I cut my hair (it be about 7 or so inches) it be nice for it to be put to use instead of going into a bin...

Thanks

Hi alternageek..

Why don't you try pure beauty at the bottom of chesterfield road, this month they have an offer on.. Wash, cut, restyle finish and a conditioning treatment.. Worth £45.. Doing it for £20.. Ive had mine done.. Its brilliant..01143277517

hiya everyone i bought one of these 'dohnut' things just for a nice change to a regular ponytail, tried and failed to do it, can still see the dohnut thing through myhair, does anybody have any advice on how to do these please??? my hair has gone quite thin since it fell out from havin my children and i never now what to do with it, thankyou.