The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

1 hour ago, alexander874 said:

Do you HAVE to book appointments at ALL mens barbers?

Not sure

On 01/07/2020 at 14:56, Conte said:

Hello there

With the hair salons reopening soon, can anyone please recommend a good hairdresser for a pixie style haircut? I once cut my hair short when on holidays abroad (before the lockdown obv.!), I liked it a lot and now everytime when I visit a hairdresser back in Sheffield and show them the photos (nothing funky btw, just a pixie style that in my opinion fits me face) they all say "oh, that's easy, we'll get it sorted for you!", and I - always! - end up having a "dumb and dumber" looking hair!!! 😖  

If you are used to wearing short hair and have someone you like and recommend, I am desperate to hear from you! 😘

Thanks!

I know exactly what you mean. I have short hair, or at least I did before the lockdown.  I would love to find a hairdresser who did not turn me out looking like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber.

On 03/07/2020 at 11:09, Angela P said:

I know exactly what you mean. I have short hair, or at least I did before the lockdown.  I would love to find a hairdresser who did not turn me out looking like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber.

Maybe any decent/acceptable suggestions? The only one who could more_or_less do what I like was a girl from Toni and Guy, I would have even recommended her but she'd left last autumn. I tried the others but with no success....

On 09/07/2005 at 16:42, Berberis said:

Right, is there any good drop-in barbers in Sheffield?

Reason:

I always used to go to Fella's in Crooks even though I live in Nether Edge, but after today I am never going to use them again! Its not that they do bad cuts nor the price. Just that I called them today, asked when they are closing. I was told 4:30pm. So I jumped into my car and off I went to Crooks. On arrival I claimed a parking space and promptly walked to Fella's arriving at approx 4:10pm. I was then told as I walked in, they are closing and they wouldn't cut my hair! So a completely wasted journey!

Are there any other drop-in barbers in Sheffield, preferably the Nether Edge area that anyone would recommend?

Walk in service daily in the Moorfoot Market  I was in and out in 15mins Saturday morning and now I look very smart

On 06/07/2020 at 17:52, Conte said:

Maybe any decent/acceptable suggestions? The only one who could more_or_less do what I like was a girl from Toni and Guy, I would have even recommended her but she'd left last autumn. I tried the others but with no success....

I'm on the borders of Rotherham and Sheffield. I have the pixie cut but my hairdresser is in Brinsworth, its not far from Meadowhall by car. I use Eleanor at ETTO.