The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

On 03/07/2020 at 11:09, Angela P said:

I know exactly what you mean. I have short hair, or at least I did before the lockdown.  I would love to find a hairdresser who did not turn me out looking like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber.

Maybe any decent/acceptable suggestions? The only one who could more_or_less do what I like was a girl from Toni and Guy, I would have even recommended her but she'd left last autumn. I tried the others but with no success....

On 09/07/2005 at 16:42, Berberis said:

Right, is there any good drop-in barbers in Sheffield?

Reason:

I always used to go to Fella's in Crooks even though I live in Nether Edge, but after today I am never going to use them again! Its not that they do bad cuts nor the price. Just that I called them today, asked when they are closing. I was told 4:30pm. So I jumped into my car and off I went to Crooks. On arrival I claimed a parking space and promptly walked to Fella's arriving at approx 4:10pm. I was then told as I walked in, they are closing and they wouldn't cut my hair! So a completely wasted journey!

Are there any other drop-in barbers in Sheffield, preferably the Nether Edge area that anyone would recommend?

Walk in service daily in the Moorfoot Market  I was in and out in 15mins Saturday morning and now I look very smart

On 06/07/2020 at 17:52, Conte said:

Maybe any decent/acceptable suggestions? The only one who could more_or_less do what I like was a girl from Toni and Guy, I would have even recommended her but she'd left last autumn. I tried the others but with no success....

I'm on the borders of Rotherham and Sheffield. I have the pixie cut but my hairdresser is in Brinsworth, its not far from Meadowhall by car. I use Eleanor at ETTO. 

I note that a new guy has recently taken over from Alison at Edge Cutters men's hairdressing ,Nether Edge Shops...

Has anyone been yet and what's he like, is he qualified and does he do a decent short men's haircut ?

Thanks.