The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

empire hair dressers on empire road in nether edge. they're good and reasonably priced. think a cut and blow dry is £20. i had a dry cut there the other day for £7.30 but i think for your hair length a dry cut would be £10.

I went to next level (on chesterfield rd oppisite matalan) recently.

I think it cost about £22 and was an excellent cut and finish.

You could always try getting an appointment at castle college and let the students practice on you (apperently they are very closely supervised), I know some of my colleagues go there and are always pleased with the results.

I had exactly the same problem.. I heard people recommending 'Hair Kandi' so I went in and almost laughed at the receptionist when I saw the prices.

Last year I went to the place who do tanning mainly (end of moor near the post office) it cost £15 wash and cut, he asked if I wanted a blow dry and I said that I wasn't prepared to pay a fiver extra just to have a hairdryer on my hair, so he ended up doing it for free :P Customer service wasn't that good, but hey, he knew he had a bad attitude and my pessimistic attitude got me a freebe!

Had mine done for £13 here in Beighton aswell. Would be interested in lowering this price aswell.

i have a dry cut at rumours in gleadless costs me £10.50 ad i am always pleased with the results, i have also been to castle college and again never had any problems, they also colour, perm etc and it costs about £10 for the lot, the only problem is they are slow as they ask there instructor about everything which is a good thing but time consuming :)

reply to noodle i go to a hairdreeser at sicey avenue called lifas.went a few weeks back and she did it lovely and only charged me £20 for a cut and blowdry but it depends were u live n if its not too far