Employment / Pay Issues (merged thread)

For us NHS admin monkeys......

4. In the event of an employee not attending for duty, consideration will be given to treating any lost time as:

Lieu Time

Flexi – Leave

Annual Leave

Unpaid leave of Absence

Making the employee absent without pay where no notification or explanation is received by a manager.

Taken from Sheffield PCT's Adverse weather policy which is now in effect.

The good part is that they don't ask you to make up lost time if you are late or have to leave early because of the weather.

Well i own my own company and i have 5 full time and 1 part time staff and let them leave at 1 o'clock they dont finish normaly till 5 o'clock and i'v still paid them till then its not there fault it flooded and i dont thick they would have been happy if i made them stay i thick it just depends on who you work for but it sounds very unfair that you have to make the time back up

its good old Capita ! they let us leave at 3.25pm on the monday, providing you agreed to make the time up as core hours are until 4pm?! So for the quarter of an hour obviously people left. But now that people havent been able to attend work they are demanding it is made back up, either as leave or made up as flexi time?!

cheers

I escaped from this company earlier this year! Capita has no morals when it comes to staff - they treat the old Dixons staff like crap and the management (of which I was) like crap too!

They happily let you believe you have 30+days holiday too but forget to tell you that they require you to work banks hols if you choose to take hols off - and also you can't deciede when you want your hols off - it's first come, first served for people with kids!

Argh am glad I got out when I did!

Best of luck to anyone who is still working at Capita aka Crapita (as named by the Directors!!!) - phew rant over feel better now!

Well i own my own company and i have 5 full time and 1 part time staff and let them leave at 1 o'clock they dont finish normaly till 5 o'clock and i'v still paid them till then its not there fault it flooded and i dont thick they would have been happy if i made them stay i thick it just depends on who you work for but it sounds very unfair that you have to make the time back up

Pat on the back for you being a decent employer in this jungle full of bad ones!!

If companys are being bloody minded and want people to make time back, make it back by logging every minute of missed lunches,missed breaks, late finishes, out of hours phone calls etc. My employer at the time of a bad snow storm made the same call about making time back, when we started booking every minute of good will, un-paid overtime we worked, she wiped the slate clean after 4 days. Jobs are valuable but most employers do not realize how much good will time staff put in.

No company should be unfair like this. It is not anyone, even the companies involved faults. What happened was a tragic force of nature. I really hope that company bosses realise just how silly they are being by reacting like this to you all!

It's difficult in situations such as these, as half the time the bad news comes from above (Head Office) and tumbles down onto your boss' etc...

Some Head Office's aren't even in the same town where the problems lie so don't realise the devastation and effect it has on people's every day lives & travel

As for making the effort in going to work and not being rewarded for it, i'd say thats a lesson taught! :|

I 2 work for CRAPITA. I left work early on monday and have been told to make the hours up and this is 3 hours i have to make up. The buses to stocksbridge had already been pulled so my only way home was a lift with a work collegue. I didnt make it in tue eitha as no mainline buses running it turns out there was a little stage coach going to middlewood but it doesnt come down my end nor would i know were and when to catch it. This company is appauling and treat you like dirt and have no morals i can't wait till i find another job as this place is awful.

I know the floods etc was not there fault but surely thy could meet us half way

we got asked if we wanted to take mondays absence as a holiday or make our time back up, i've chosen to make my time back up as i felt guilty about not making it in, there was still alot of work that needed doing on monday and with so few staff it was alot harder work for the people that did make it in.

Greedy, money grabbing w*****s.

They should swallow it, end of!

What did they expect you to do, swim to work?

They have been given the option to take the time as leave or work hours up and companies are not ensured against 'acts of god' so unfortunately time has to be made up or should we just enjoy a few days off while the emergancy services pull out everything to clean this up! People need to moan less and get a sense of responsibility!

This company is appauling and treat you like dirt and have no morals i can't wait till i find another job as this place is awful.

Why? Because your being asked to work the hours your contracted and paid to work!?!?