Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

I see that you cannot comprehend the train of thought that it might, just might be possible that a set of parents could ever decide to never leave their children, but as our two were growing up, they were at our side, night and day, and have both grown into pleasant young adults who can pass on their memories of childhood to their own children, remembering how safe and well cared for they were as young children, and hopefully treat their youngsters with the care and vigilance that we did to them. There is a breed of parenting today that wouldnt think twice about leaving the kids in the room whilst they nipped of for a pint, but you cannot seriously say that this is acceptable. In this day and age, I cannot believe that is is.

From your own perspective what is permissible in this day and age? taking into consideration that you never let your children out of sight.

I was appalled when this was previously discussed, and I'm appalled again. The McCanns got it wrong. But so did their friends who also left their children in the complex, the difference being none of those children were abducted. Nowhere have I seen the sort of bile thrown at the McCanns levelled at their friends.

Having a child disappear must be one of the most horrific things to happen to parents, but knowing their actions enabled an abduction must make it a hundred times worse. Every time I see Kate McCann, I see it written on her face. The McCanns must be in agony over what has happened, wondering about what that poor child went through, and may still go through.

I don't think they'll find Madeleine, but I understand their need to keep looking for her. Continuing a witch hunt against the parents helps no-one, except perhaps the people who for some reason feel the need to do so. I certainly don't understand their motivation. Its so sad that some people just don't understand compassion.

The McCanns got it wrong. But so did their friends who also left their children in the complex, the difference being none of those children were abducted.

There is not one piece of evidence to support the suggestion that the child was abducted.

There is not one piece of evidence to support the suggestion that the child was abducted.

With the exception that she was there one min and gone the next...pretty damning evidence.

There was no evidence to support many suggestions inc murder. Suggestions are just that, nothing else really.

Edited by Alien

I think quite the opposite, it is because of who they are people are crucifying them.

I think the clue to the point I am making is in the word everybody do try to keep up

Yes probably by the same people who are chastising the mccans.

Of course they are middle class is that a sin,he is a heart surgeon and she was a gp what is wrong with that they deserve the money.

They are well liked and respected by the people who know them best, the place they live.

They were not exactly splashing money about they were on a holiday in portugal with family and friends just like you or me.

Now you have certainly missed the point by a good mile or so

With the exception that she was there one min and gone the next...pretty damning evidence.

Her absence is evidence that she is missing not that she was abducted.

Her absence is evidence that she is missing not that she was abducted.

Are you suggesting she went missing without the aid of another person?

or

Is there any alternative evidence to suggest that an abductor wasn't involved?

Edited by Alien

Are you suggesting she went missing without the aid of another person?

or

Is there any alternative evidence to suggest that an abductor wasn't involved?

im not sure myself tbh..as there is no evidence either way.

it was a horrible thing to happen to them, that their little girl vanished, but had the tots not been left alone, how would whoever abducted Madeleine have managed to have done it?

PT, Portugal, and the PDL area is a haven for paedophiles and has been for many years, partly due to it's location, ineffective laws to protect children, ineffective police force, where portuguese nationals fear to report their children are missing, as they know so many stories where the parents have had false confessions beaten out of them. Have you heard of Casa Pia, the orphanage and paedophile ring? Did you know that other holidaymakers in the area, and one who came forward who had rented the same appartment as the McCanns previously, had said that a man sneaked quietly to their appartment, and when he was stumbled upon, he said that he was 'collecting for the orphanage'? Many times it has crossed my mind, if the man was 'collecting' children, as others reported a man, watching their children and then turning up at their appartment, and then, when confronted, he had the same line also. Have you seen the reports of abducted children in Portugal? It's no coincidence the number of paedophiles that have been called in for questionning from all over the world, who happened to be near PDL at the time. Only a fortnight before there was another attempted abduction of a child on the beach, walking only a few feet in front of her parents, who looked very similar to Madeleine. Only a month before, the child who's parents owned the beach bar narrowly missed being abducted, both times the parents gave chase. IF a paedophile of this nature had set his sights on a child, ANY parent would have to be very fortunate to be taking that child unharmed back to the UK with them. Anyone who says different is talking out of their ass. Don't tell me that you've not been relaxing on the beach once and your child has been making sandcastles with a new friend, and then for one second, you've let them out of your sight - especially when they had young twins to look after too, if someone had set their sights on Madeleine, believe me, they would have got her, unless the McCanns were extremely fortunate.

Leaving the kids alone in PDL was a mistake that will haunt them forever, and they will be forever blamed by some heartless people, or some with an agenda - eg a timeshare in Portugal! - if Madeleine's abductor had taken her whilst at the beach, perhaps the family would receive more sympathy but they would still feel the same guilt and painful loss.

I asked this before, but it obviously got lost.. has any one a comment about katherine Gaspars witness statement?

Yeah, she got the tail end of conversation she wasn't party to but wanted to ensure she told the police IN CASE it meant something, and? Can you see something in it that I can't?

I see that you cannot comprehend the train of thought that it might, just might be possible that a set of parents could ever decide to never leave their children, but as our two were growing up, they were at our side, night and day, and have both grown into pleasant young adults who can pass on their memories of childhood to their own children, remembering how safe and well cared for they were as young children, and hopefully treat their youngsters with the care and vigilance that we did to them. There is a breed of parenting today that wouldnt think twice about leaving the kids in the room whilst they nipped of for a pint, but you cannot seriously say that this is acceptable. In this day and age, I cannot believe that is is.

How can you say they were at your side night and day that is impossible, did you not go to work ,did they not go to school,at what age did you stop taking and bringing them back from school.Did you sleep at the side of their beds.

What a stifleing childhood they must have had with you at their sides constantly.

And have they actualy spoken of their happy cottonwool childhood or are those just your words.