Memory foam mattresses

As I have said before I do not believe a piece of foam can cost as much as the prices quoted,no matter what fancy name the manufactuters call it.Its a piece of foam!

And for the health service to fall for all the hype about it is diabolical.

The cost of medication and care should come before buying pieces of foam.

I would like to know from an indipendant source that has tested it what makes this foam so special.

If you can afford it - go for a natural latex mattress. I bought a Dunlopillo one from John Lewis 15 years ago. It has a twenty-five year guarantee so at least another 10 years left in it. It has not sagged at all and does not cause sweating. Still as good as new.

As I have said before I do not believe a piece of foam can cost as much as the prices quoted,no matter what fancy name the manufactuters call it.Its a piece of foam!

And for the health service to fall for all the hype about it is diabolical.

The cost of medication and care should come before buying pieces of foam.

I would like to know from an indipendant source that has tested it what makes this foam so special.

The mattresses used at the Northern General Hospital are the memory foam type - these mattresses are not just a 'piece of foam' !

The mattresses help to relieve pressure when a patient is less mobile than usual and is a fundamental requirement.

The NHS has not fallen for any 'hype' - neither did they invest in the several thousand beds and mattresses on a whim!:confused: Much research was done before money was released for such a massive investment.

I suggest you go away and do some research into this subject before you post such silly and, if I may be frank, ignorant comments about a subject you quite clearly know nothing about.

I thought the N.H.S was short of money yet they can spend thousands on memory foam mattresses.Something wrong somewhere.

See my earlier post.

Ever heard of the expression 'prevention is better than cure'?

Memory foam mattresses put a whole new slant on the "Who's been sleeping in my bed" saying

Yes, we got cotton sheets, but the heat still builds up. I would like to get a cotton padded mattress cover or thin topper to put over the mattress for the summer.

Always have a portable fan on the bed side table always have it on when I go to bed.The gentle humming sends me to sleep.

Regarding pillows I boughr a regular shaped memory foam one from T.G,Hughes for 14.99. well worth it.

Excuse me I do know about spending months in hospital 4 months to be exact and I got through it without Memory Foam.

i have got memory foam matteress and pillow and i think they are amazing, i have even bought memory foam slippers, defo worth the money

We have a memory foam mattress. It is sheer luxury to sleep on and I always wake refreshed in the mornings. :)

i could never sleep on a memory foam mattress i need hardness or i just cant sleep