The Company Shop - Tankersley

Agree about the staff.....I go every week and there are always members of staff moaning about other members of staff and they can be downright rude sometimes.

I go to Company Shop every week and don't find it too busy.

Noticed people say its like a cattle market but never found that myself.

Maybe its cos i go every Monday so it must be their quiet day.

Loads of bargains though, loads of half price andrex loo rolls,pampers nappies,baby wipes,soap powder, they seem to have all their Waitrose stuff in then ideal for me as i have five kids and need to save as much as i can on this kind of stuff.

My sister goes in the afternoons but she times it to get there about 2.45 when everyone (like me) are on the school run.:hihi:

Is it still in the same place, as I havn't been for months, or have they got a new shop?

Is it still in the same place, as I havn't been for months, or have they got a new shop?

Still in the same place, stock not as extensive as it once was, prices have risen. Last few visits the goods came through the checkout higher price than stated on the shelf price, so now always check my receipt.

been to Company Shop today while i was off work with kids being off school.

Its not too busy and they are virtually giving stuff away.

Marks and Spencers meals for 25p, loads of milk at 29p.

They are swamped with bargains and a lot of it is dated beyond the weekend.

Def recommend today, i got a trolley full for twenty quid!

Unless you work for the NHS or emergency services then you cant get a card. But if you do then all you need do is take 2 wage slips and proof of I.D. to the store they will then issue you one. I have wanted one for ages and now as I am funded through the NHS I cant get one unlees I have the logo on my wage slips and I dont so there you go. Thanks as I love a good bargain. :rant:

Been to company shop but much prefer factory foods, lot quieter at all times of the day.

Unless you work for the NHS or emergency services then you cant get a card. But if you do then all you need do is take 2 wage slips and proof of I.D. to the store they will then issue you one. I have wanted one for ages and now as I am funded through the NHS I cant get one unlees I have the logo on my wage slips and I dont so there you go. Thanks as I love a good bargain. :rant:

I used to have a card when I lived in Sheffield and I DIDN'T work for the NHS! I worked for a bank and managed to get a card easy enough and had one for years as did a lot of my work colleagues - unless of course the rules have changed over the past 6 years! As the shop was very close to where I worked we used to go in our lunch hour and stock up on food.

Liked ur motto jive for today................

So do you still have the card and can I use it.

If anybody's interested I'll lend them mine for a fiver.

i know youre joking, but dont. I lent mine to the mrs who went alone and they confiscated it and wrote to me that I need to come in person to collect it. I sorta got a yellow card warning saying that if I did it again, i'd lose it.

If anyone lives in Sheffield and has this sacred (now) card can I ask and go when you are going as Im desperate for a good bargain especially from Marks and Spencers. Hugs :)

i know youre joking, but dont. I lent mine to the mrs who went alone and they confiscated it and wrote to me that I need to come in person to collect it. I sorta got a yellow card warning saying that if I did it again, i'd lose it.

I will def give you a fiver to lend your sacred card then I will come straight back to give it back to you. :)