The Company Shop - Tankersley

It's not only for NHS workers. I know several people who have a card and do not work for the NHS.

It says on their website you either have to work for one of their "partners" (the companies that produce the stuff they sell) or the emergency services. I expect this is to keep the "partners" sweet, they wouldn't be too happy at their surplus goods being sold to all and sundry at knock down prices.

..... we're grateful that for £20 we will get enough meat to

fill the freezer for the month.

You'd be better off at Hadfields for meat + chicken.

So all those on good money can have a card but all those who NEED one can whistle what good principles they work on.The police dont need it or the NHS or the council or the fire brigade they are all on good wages why should they be priviledged.

So all those on good money can have a card but all those who NEED one can whistle what good principles they work on.The police dont need it or the NHS or the council or the fire brigade they are all on good wages why should they be priviledged.

Probably simply because there are a lot of them and they all have genuine identification to prove thay are part of that 'group'. That way the company shop has lots of customers but (like someone above said) can be seen to be not selling to everybody which wouldnt go down well with their suppliers.

The poor get plenty of privileges and hand outs they dont need cheap food as well!

So EVERYONE in NHS is on good wages?

Dream on....

bullerboy the company shop is not a charity, and the good meat they sell is Crawshaws which you may find cheaper in Crawshaws shop but there is stuff from the Super Markets, I have tried it and quite frankly its rubbish

You are all missing the point,the people on good money can shop at upmarket places and I know not everyone on the NHS is on good money but why is there discrimination on groups of people.I know how these places operate, so the poor can shop at supermarkets where they can buy less whilst the ones with money can buy more from this discount shop thats really good.I wonder how many on this topic are in one of these privileged groups.

You are all missing the point,the people on good money can shop at upmarket places and I know not everyone on the NHS is on good money but why is there discrimination on groups of people.I know how these places operate, so the poor can shop at supermarkets where they can buy less whilst the ones with money can buy more from this discount shop thats really good.I wonder how many on this topic are in one of these privileged groups.

The poor can also now buy food from Poundland, 99p stores, Fulton Foods, Iceland etc etc!

Some staff in each of those segments will have decent salaries, but there will be plenty who are effectively on minimum wage. eg NHS Docs may have a reasonable salary, but the hospital ports/cleaners/admin staff etc etc certainly don't.

good wages? lol we aren't all on nurses and doctors wages!

bullerboy

i think its you thats missing the point by a mile, IT IS NOT A CHARITY SHOP the reason why lets say only NHS staff can go in is to limit the numbers, i think i am right in saying they have stopped the Police and Fire Brigade from joining now because the place is not big enough i carnt imagine what it would be like if they let the unemployed and low wage earners in, if you did not read it above let me tell you again, the accusation you made is totally untrue the reason why there is only the NHS allowed in is to restrict the numbers because of the size of the place