The Company Shop - Tankersley

the company shop was called marrons i think its still called that now..not been for ages

I went with those yesterday and as of this week they have told me proceedures have changed and that I have to do it by post!

Just to clarify, I've JUST got back from Company shop & while I was down there I checked to find out the rules & regs etc.

They WERE changing the rules on applying for a card to having to do it by post, but after some employers have said that it would be a problem for them to apply for the cards on employee's behalf, they have now changed the rules back again. This means you CAN now apply yourself, you will need to take:

3 Wage slips

Your ID pass & 1 other form of photograph ID

A recent Utlilty bill with your name & address on it

To qualify for a pass you need to work for:

BT

Police

Fire Service

NHS

or food manufacturer who supplies to company shop of is supplied by company shop (I know fletchers is one of these)

If you are not sure you can call them on 01226 748324.

Thanks so much for taking the time to ask whilst you were there, I'll get there one day next week :)

You can get one if you work for HSBC as well - don't know why!

When I worked at HSBC at Tankersley I had a card. I wasn't quiite sure why we were able to get one either but it did save quite a bit of money, esp at Xmas time.

yogurs where the top is not on right the company log is in the middle of the pot.

I would not be happy if I got a log in my yoghurt, no matter how cheap it was :gag:

some will be rejects ie yogurs where the top is not on right the company log is in the middle of the pot. Or the yogurs is over the prescribed wieght .

What bus man meant to say I think is that the company logo is in the middle of the pot, they do try to hunt out the ones where the tops aren't on properly though, but you can't somplain when a muller corner only costs you 20p (or as I got the other day 12 crunch corners for £1!!!!!)

Yes they are very scatty as to what they've got & when BUT they've always got minced beef, chicken, gammon by the shed load, bacon, baby food (heinz @ 10p per jar!!!!!!!) etc i always go to company shop to see what i can get there before going to morrisons or asda on the way home.

I did a nearly a full weeks shopping on £42 this week, there's 3 of us + I got a leg of lamb that was beautiful!!!!

At the end of the day, it's all surplus stock or seconds, but for the prices you can't go wrong plus the staff are always really friendly & helpful.

Can you apply for a card if you work at the ASDA???

don't think so, but they've stopped giving BT staff cards now, your best bet is to call them, their number is further up the thread

does anyone know if its open on sundays please thanks :D

Does anyone know how i go about getting a card for the above?

you need to work 4 health service take along prove i.e wage slip utility bill and photo idea

does anyone know if its open on sundays please thanks :D

yes 10 till 4

At the end of the day, it's all surplus stock or seconds, but for the prices you can't go wrong plus the staff are always really friendly & helpful.

I've been going there for about 15 years, and I've always found the entire staff, with one exception, as thick as 2 short planks, and about as helpful as ice cubes at the Antartica.

Always get some great bargains though, and quality stuff too.