Sex and love, can you separate the two?

This is really one for the men - can you separate the two. I think we have difficulty ( women ) but men don't seem to. Women are more intense and need more 'spiritual/emotional' experiences than men. Am I right??

Seperate the two ??

Engagement Ring

Wedding Ring

and SuffeRING..

Seperate the three ? :heyhey:

Thats a wild overgeneralisation - I've found plenty of women who can dissociate love and sex and plenty of men who can't - its more a matter of psychology than gender...

Well call me a slapper of you like, but I can seperate sex from love!!

For a number of years I had what I would term a f**k buddy!! I wasn't in a relationship with anyone and didn't want to be either. To be honest, I just didn't want the complications and the chance of yet another failed relationship. My life was perfectly fine and I am not the kinda girl who 'needs' a man like some do. I am independant and like my own space.

We were both single and it suited us fine. We got on great as mates and had a real laugh together but I never had 'feelings' for him nor him me. We would meet up when we fancied a bit (sorry to be so crude) and it was good. This carried on for a couple of years until I did meet someone I cared about and then it stopped. There was no animosity, no jealousy and no complications.

I too have found men who cannot seperate the two as I have done women also. I think it depends on the individual. If you feel comfortable with it then why not? AS long as bothparties are fine about it and understand the situation, I think its great!!

Originally posted by evildrneil

Thats a wild overgeneralisation - I've found plenty of women who can dissociate love and sex and plenty of men who can't - its more a matter of psychology than gender...

I'd agree although I'd say it's a blend of personalities to be honest...

And hey, what about the levels of love... just to be a royal pain in the butt ;)

and what about those of us who are dead inside?

the question isn't clear, do you mean can you have sex without love, or can you have love without sex?

Originally posted by Cyclone

the question isn't clear, do you mean can you have sex without love, or can you have love without sex?

Cyclone...yes and yes (although take the latter answer with a MASSIVE pinch of salt as the relationship I'm thinking of shortly then finished!!)

I don't think differences in attitudes are down gender...I know lads and lasses who view love/sex in all very different ways. I'm with FetishFairy on this one but...sex with love - I think that's better! I don't tend to view it necessarily as 'romantic' love but more the way you really look forward to being with that person and as Martin may be hinting at below it could be a person who you don't 'love' but care deeply about in other ways.

Originally posted by FetishFairy

Well call me a slapper of you like, but I can seperate sex from love!!

For a number of years I had what I would term a f**k buddy!! I wasn't in a relationship with anyone and didn't want to be either. To be honest, I just didn't want the complications and the chance of yet another failed relationship. My life was perfectly fine and I am not the kinda girl who 'needs' a man like some do. I am independant and like my own space.

We were both single and it suited us fine. We got on great as mates and had a real laugh together but I never had 'feelings' for him nor him me. We would meet up when we fancied a bit (sorry to be so crude) and it was good. This carried on for a couple of years until I did meet someone I cared about and then it stopped. There was no animosity, no jealousy and no complications.

I too have found men who cannot seperate the two as I have done women also. I think it depends on the individual. If you feel comfortable with it then why not? AS long as bothparties are fine about it and understand the situation, I think its great!!

I think that is disgusting, unacceptable and pathetic. I'm not known for my high moral stance fetish but i feel I have to speak up in this case. How dare you!!? How dare you give up your Fxxk buddy when you found a poxy relationship. I believe yoiu should reinstate someone as your new Fxxk buddy while you audition suitable candidates. If you like i will stand in while you knock this retarded 'meaningful' relationship nonsense on the head.

I believe that i can separte the two, to the point that I have never been in love. :suspect: PM me darling:love: :love: :love: