Would you take your kids to Portugal now?

Would you take your kids on holiday to Portugal now?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take your kids on holiday to Portugal now?

• Yes
    • No

yes i would. I have been to the algarve twice and its a beautiful place and the people are really friendly

Portugal is no different to any other place really

I certainly would. Kids have been snatched from caravans in Skeggy in the past so Portugal is just as safe or as unsafe as anywhere else.

It isnt the location thats important, its the circumstances.

What Jabbers says.

In fact Id be quite happy to head off the the airport now, at least it looks dry and sunny there.

like other posters have said,i would go there. TBH,I think Britain is much more dangerous than Portugal anyway.

just wondering who would now take their kids to portugal knowing it is potentially a haven for people snatching children?

Dear oh dear!

One 3 year old British child get's abducted in Portugal, it gets over the top media attention (Not that I don't sympathis with Maddies family, but is it really headline news when 45 people have been killed in Northern Iraq and another 10 in Baghdad this very day, there were probably young children among the dead too.)

One British child gets abducted and suddenly the whole of Portugal is unsafe?

What about all those millions of Portugese 3 year old kids, or don't they count?:suspect:

Dear oh dear!

One 3 year old British child get's abducted in Portugal, it gets over the top media attention (Not that I don't sympathis with Maddies family, but is it really headline news when 45 people have ben killed in Northern Iraq and another 10 in Baghdad, there were probably young children among the dead too.)

One British child gets abducted and suddenly the whole of Portugal is unsafe?

What about all those millions of Portugese 3 year old kids, or don't they count?:suspect:

But would you take your kids on holiday to Iraq for a holiday then? :D

Its been said above - that 'potentially' there are 150 british paedophies in the area, now, are they being watched - every single on of them, because I dont think they will be watching every single one of them to be honest.

If you travel to any country in the world, or even in the UK, and leave your children unattended, they are at risk of being abducted. You cannot blame the country or its people if the safety and security of kids and property are left unattended, and the opportunist criminal takes advantage. I voted yes, I would still take my family to Portugal, or anywhere else in the world on holiday. (Except of course to places where there was civil unrest).

But would you take your kids on holiday to Iraq for a holiday then? :D

Its been said above - that 'potentially' there are 150 british paedophies in the area, now, are they being watched - every single on of them, because I dont think they will be watching every single one of them to be honest.

There are paedophiles everywhere, there are thousands in this country, and the vast majority of them keep it in the family.

A little perspective here, there are millions of kids that live in Portugal, why does one British abduction now make the whole country of Portugal unsafe?:huh:

A little perspective here, there are millions of kids that live in Portugal, why does one British abduction now make the whole country of Portugal unsafe?

Maybe a british child is more appealing than a portugese child?

I dont know - do I :D

Really now - I cant delve into the mind of a child molesting monster.. but all I am saying is, will it make people think twice of going to the same place as this family have gone to?

Maybe it will give the resort a bad rep?

There are paedophiles everywhere, there are thousands in this country, and the vast majority of them keep it in the family.

Thats pretty much what I was going to say.

There are evil people all over, and if their intention is to harm they will do it anyway.

If I got paranoid about 1 incident anywhere, I'd never take the kids anywhere.

Of course I'd take my children to Portugal. Anyone choosing not to on the basis of this tragedy would be behaving rather strangely I think.