Blackstock Road Tip Megathread

nice to see all coments on here about blackstock tip i worked there for 3 years and was brill (left feb 2008 ) but the main running of the place is ruled by douglas rd and the mangement are tw#ts the lads on sites are brill and if u go down this summer take the lads a drink (tea bags milk or pint hehe )they will be chuffed and will help and look after u when they see u again when i was there u get people that come up to you and say i am disabled can u help they mite have 2 bags

what i dont get is how they got it in there car they must have walk more putting it in there car than unloading it at the tip

some of the comments like the one butting green waste in the skip with a liner etc well if u so a bag in the skip u would throw yours in too and all sorts would go in

last thing to remmber its no tip any more its a recylce site and one day u mite have to pay for your rubbish so best recyele now before they have to charge

The tips at shirecliffe and High Green are both run by veolia and both have cameras everywhere now

If you go in a van or in a car with trailer you have to phone to book in

The are not allowed to take anything for themselves as can now be sacked on the spot if caught

! went to high green on sunday with some old bark chippings which were not really heavy

we asked the lads to help us and they did

I cant fault them but with all this heatlth and saftey they have to be careful as if they do get a bad injury im not sure if they can sue if they help you

Only fault i find with the Shirecliffe tip is all those steps you have to climb to put your stuff in the skips

what i want to know does anybody work that goes to the tip

has nobody got anything else to do than go there.

To me you lot who goes to the tip must have boring lives as you go when it rain / snow / very windy / even sunny days why not try sorting your rubbish out that way when you go to the tip you can go to every skip and put the rubbish in each one that way you could be there for a 1hr :hihi:

as for the staff ever fort of asking for help and using manners this DOES HELP.

to many people no respect for anything.:gag:

i seen people in new car crampacted with crap they get there then think it all going in one place ha there sorting for hours.:rant:

then the subject of your so called taxes (you carnt pay if you dont work )

the trouble with most people they think its all tax payers money that goes to the workers at a tip is what they have payed.

wonder if you say the same about doctors nurses bus services musems parks the list goes on hope you never need them because if i could save your life and heard you say this then i would tell you were to go

another issue

as someone stated 4 lads 20 stone it must be 20 stone of musle because number of times 1 person comes with a washer / fridge / cookers they get there ?

allways need a hand to lift it people no manners.(what i want to know is how they got it in the car in the first place)

one stated a (old lady)70 year old lady loads of (wood)cupboards stuggled. well at her house did the item magic in the car or even fly in there probbley lazy fella / kids helped put it in.

the walk from the house to car will have been longer than the car to the skip in tip (why did she just not pay some person to move it loads advertise cheap pickups of rubbish

then let her go by herself.

anybody else got anything to moan about the tip give us a buzz.

how this for the people that go to the tip

rules

1 you go to the tip to get rid of your crap why should you not put it in the skip you do with your bin rubbish

2 staff at the tip shorly carnt help every sad person with all there rubbish if you think you can why not try to get a job there £20k a year plus bonuses not a bad wage why not give it ago

3 sort your rubbish first then theres no need for them to go thur the bags you bring

4 allways ask if need help (use manners treat the same as you would like to be spoke to)

5 ask for a brush if made a mess never know they mite clean up for you if you ask nicely (but i dont think i would clean your mess up even)

6 some people who use the tip a lot of the time why not bring them a drink or biscuits as a kind jester they probbley look out for you next time

7 if needing help open you mouth and ask that does help

8 never take items down that are to heavey for you to lift unless you take somebody else with you nobodys he-man

9 as for tax pays pay wages look at the job your in 80 percent are someway funded from taxes (you receiving credits at home have kids you get extra money from gov some were along the lineyou take back unless your a footballer)

10 make sure you read the signs allway a good thing like garden cuts empty bags you wouldent want plastic in your compost would you

11 as for vans well if your in a car with a small load but 10 vans in the tip they take from 30 mins to 2hr would you like to keep Q ing BECAUSE OF VANS I SAY KEEP HASSLING THEM no vans meen quicker in and out

12 keep kids in cars dont want them getting injured on a tip people think its a play ground

13 all is not bad have a clean day

14 IF YOU HAVE A INJURY / DISABLEMENT that there no way to get any help to go to the tip there always there to help you out

just make sure the rubbish is sealed and not leaking with some of the stuff that you fill it with like (**** /**** / smelly cat litter and hairs all over the bags because U Wont GET A HELPING HAND OTHER WIZE

last but not least sufc we will be back but first to beat swfc twice next term

so watch out next season ( tiprat )ha ha

ps

not fed up yet and have red all this you most deffently have not got a job

and i guess u will be at the tip in the morning ha ha signing off :hihi: :hihi: :hihi::cool:

Fort????

Crampacted???

Genius!!!!! :hihi:

nice to see all coments on here about blackstock tip i worked there for 3 years and was brill (left feb 2008) but the main running of the place is ruled by douglas rd and the mangement are tw#ts the lads on sites are brill and if u go down this summer take the lads a drink (tea bags milk or pint hehe )they will be chuffed and will help and look after u when they see u again when i was there u get people that come up to you and say i am disabled can u help they mite have 2 bags

what i dont get is how they got it in there car they must have walk more putting it in there car than unloading it at the tip

some of the comments like the one butting green waste in the skip with a liner etc well if u so a bag in the skip u would throw yours in too and all sorts would go in

last thing to remmber its no tip any more its a recylce site and one day u mite have to pay for your rubbish so best recyele now before they have to charge

Well said the lads are all ok, as for helping people the lads will if asked but have been told it is up to them whether they do or not as they would'nt get a sausage if they seriously injured their backs lifting someones stuff .And as udrop says how the heck can people manage to get their rubbish out of the house down the garden and into the car but cant walk 10 yards to put it in the right skip

does anyone know the number for the tip? taking some things there tomorrow but im going to be in a van and i hear you need to book in in advance.

they was'nt open today so couldnt ring them,

got the number now

cheers

Does anybody have a number to book in a van? The number on the website is for Mon-Fri only?

you can only book mon - fri, if you want to go at the weekend you have to book in advance.

This is gonna sound a bit of a daft question but does this centre take normal household rubbish?

I mean the usual black bag rubbish you throw away in the bin at home? Just that I live in a block of flats and lost my key to the bin area so can't throw my rubbish away :hihi: and I only live up the road from it.

I think they do. They have several different skips for wood, cardboard, plastics, garden waste. But then they have one for general waste. I've put bags of rubbish in there before.

Yes they do. I've taken stuff before when the bin is just too small