LIVERPOOL v AC MILAN

What a load of old crap,Benitez will never win the PL because he has a different attitude to the other managers,they want to win the PL but all he is interested in is the CL,it showed by his team selection showing disrespect to all the other teams battling it out at the bottom of the PL 9 players changed.

This is what Jewell has said today & a few other managers.

Wigan boss Paul Jewell has hit out at Liverpool for fielding an under-strength side against Fulham.

Fulham boosted their survival hopes with a 1-0 win over the UEFA Champions League finalists on Saturday.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez made nine changes to his side for the game at Craven Cottage and the decision left Jewell seething as Fulham climbed further clear of his own Wigan side in the battle to avoid relegation

"What happens to Wigan is of no concern to Liverpool,but for the good of the game, its integrity, resting nine players can't be right," Jewell told The Sun.

"What if Sheffield United had won at Aston Villa and decided to play a reserve team against us next week? It's the same scenario.

"If Neil Warnock announced he was going to rest nine regulars there would be absolute murder.

"We are not down in this position because of Fulham or because of the situation at West Ham or because Liverpool have rested nine players, but events have conspired against us

What a load of old crap,Benitez will never win the PL because he has a different attitude to the other managers,they want to win the PL but all he is interested in is the CL,it showed by his team selection showing disrespect to all the other teams battling it out at the bottom of the PL 9 players changed.

Haven,t we gone through this and you agreed you could see the logic? Why on earth would Rafa pick a full strength side, risking injury to top players, with absolutely nothing to gain from it? Surely even you can understand his mindset!!

Wigan boss Paul Jewell has hit out at Liverpool for fielding an under-strength side against Fulham.

Well he would wouldn't he? I'm sure if Wigan had a CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL around the corner, he also would rest/protect his top players.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez made nine changes to his side for the game at Craven Cottage and the decision left Jewell seething as Fulham climbed further clear of his own Wigan side in the battle to avoid relegation

Rafa is payed to do the best job he can for Liverpool not Wigan. He needed to check on players he hadn't yet decided would get a new contract, so he did so. He also needed to rest his top players in preperation for the CL final, so he did. Why should Rafa play a full strength team and risk injury to key players and also pick a team filled with players he already knows will be staying at Anfield next season? To please Paul Jewell i suppose?

"What happens to Wigan is of no concern to Liverpool,but for the good of the game, its integrity, resting nine players can't be right," Jewell told The Sun.

All nine players were Liverpool players and had every right to be on the field! People like him moan that youth at top clubs isn't given a chance, but yet cries when it is given a chance! Why, because it doesn't suit him or the situation his underachieving team has put themselves in?

"What if Sheffield United had won at Aston Villa and decided to play a reserve team against us next week? It's the same scenario.

How is it the same? Are Sheff UTD about to play in a Champions League final? If not, why on earth would Warnock rest his top players against Wigan?

"If Neil Warnock announced he was going to rest nine regulars there would be absolute murder.

Why would he unless he had a Champions League final around the corner? If he did and there was nothing to lose by doing so, i'm sure he would rest his top players don't you think?

"We are not down in this position because of Fulham or because of the situation at West Ham or because Liverpool have rested nine players, but events have conspired against us

Nothing has conspired against Wigan, that is a totally ignorant claim. The situation helped Fulham yes and maybe hasn't helped West Ham, Charlton, Wigan, Sheff U etc but to say events have conspired against them is obsurd. Maybe if Wigan had won at the weekend as West Ham did, he wouldn't be crying so much, but they didn't, they lost as they have done all season and that my friend is HIS fault and the fault of his players NOT Rafa Benitez's fault.

2-0 Milan.. I dont see it going to penalties again this time round as Milan are out for a bit of revenge methinks..

As Chelsea were. All Chelsea talked about (as they have for two years) was the ghost goal as Mourinho put it. Massive insentive for them turn it around this time around, but they failed and are out.

Whether they want revenge or not will not affect the outcome of the game in the slightest. It will be whoever can win the midfield battle for a start but ultimately, who plays the best or handles the pressure on the night.

My heart and mind tell me AC Milan will come out on top here.

They are undoubtedly technically superior, and they should be well up for it after the last final between the two clubs.

I've hated watching Liverpool this season to be honest, so I'm hoping they turn it up for the final and don't just lump the ball at Crouch. It would be nice to see another Gerrard masterclass too.