LIVERPOOL v AC MILAN

I'm looking forward to Gerrard v Gattuso - that could be quite an interesting confrontation, given Gerrard's opinion about him. Gattuso is very effective for Milan, but a nasty piece of work. Gerrard won't be intimidated by him, and I hope he gives dear Rino the runaround.

And the two teams will be wearing the same colour shirts as 2005? Hope that preys on Milan's minds :hihi:

I'm looking forward to Gerrard v Gattuso - that could be quite an interesting confrontation, given Gerrard's opinion about him. Gattuso is very effective for Milan, but a nasty piece of work. Gerrard won't be intimidated by him, and I hope he gives dear Rino the runaround.

And the two teams will be wearing the same colour shirts as 2005? Hope that preys on Milan's minds :hihi:

There is a link onto 'Tribal Footbal' which shows an article with comments from both Gerrard and Gattuso.

Gattuso says they will not underestimate Liverpool again.

Gerrard is saying how Gattuso tries to intimidate players, but that he isn't scared in fact he can't wait to look straight into his eyes in the tunnel before the game lol

The war of words has started lol

Sissoko had a few poor games in terms of giving away posetion!

Against Chelsea Liverpool played Mascherano and Gerrard in the middle with Alonso coming on as sub.

How about Mascherano marking Kaka and Seedorf having to track back to mark Gerrard?

But that would leave Guttuso, so maybe playing Sissoko aswell in a three man central midfield would work?

Here's how i see it maybe working;

Mascherano sticks to Kaka like glue (if that's possible)

Sissoko tracks Guttuso, disrupting and hassling him throughout the game.

That leaves gerrard to feed the wide men, who in turn feeds the lone striker (kuyt/Crouch)

This way, we pack the midfield (snuffing out Kaka), leaves Gerrard to roam free causing whatever havoc he can, and it also gives us wide options to throw crosses over to the frontman.

My Team would be;

Reine

Finnan Carragher Agger Arbeloa

Pennant Mascherano Sissoko/Alonso Riise

Gerrard

Crouch/Kuyt

Thought's ???

So who's marking their midfield general, Pirlo?

Sissoko had a few poor games in terms of giving away posetion!

Against Chelsea Liverpool played Mascherano and Gerrard in the middle with Alonso coming on as sub.

How about Mascherano marking Kaka and Seedorf having to track back to mark Gerrard?

But that would leave Guttuso, so maybe playing Sissoko aswell in a three man central midfield would work?

Here's how i see it maybe working;

Mascherano sticks to Kaka like glue (if that's possible)

Sissoko tracks Guttuso, disrupting and hassling him throughout the game.

That leaves gerrard to feed the wide men, who in turn feeds the lone striker (kuyt/Crouch)

This way, we pack the midfield (snuffing out Kaka), leaves Gerrard to roam free causing whatever havoc he can, and it also gives us wide options to throw crosses over to the frontman.

My Team would be;

Reine

Finnan Carragher Agger Arbeloa

Pennant Mascherano Sissoko/Alonso Riise

Gerrard

Crouch/Kuyt

Thought's ???

Don't think Sissoko can be put on Gattuso - he'll be looking after Gerrard, I think. Milan recognise Gerrard as the danger and are going to make it extremely difficult for him to have much freedom.

Kaka and Seedorf have shown how they can tear a team apart, so I'd like Sissoko and Mascherano trying to disrupt them.

Hope Rafa's reading this forum for tips :hihi:

So who's marking their midfield general, Pirlo?

Well i did say Gerrard would be free, plus we would have wide players to tuck in and help instead of standing around all game.

It doesn't take too much working out, unless you are just trying to pick holes in posts :roll:

Don't think Sissoko can be put on Gattuso - he'll be looking after Gerrard, I think. Milan recognise Gerrard as the danger and are going to make it extremely difficult for him to have much freedom.

Kaka and Seedorf have shown how they can tear a team apart, so I'd like Sissoko and Mascherano trying to disrupt them.

Hope Rafa's reading this forum for tips :hihi:

:hihi: yeah like we are the experts :hihi:

When all said and done, Raffa's record in Europe is better than any other managers in recent years and he has only been here three. So i am sure he will have a plan of some sort :D

:hihi: yeah like we are the experts :hihi:

When all said and done, Raffa's record in Europe is better than any other managers in recent years and he has only been here three. So i am sure he will have a plan of some sort :D

I think Milan have the greatest respect for Rafa. They've already seen what he can do at first hand. Ancelotti has got a very classy team, who can produce beautiful football to destroy any opponents. But he still has that cautious Italian mindset that will make him want to defend a supposedly impregnable lead - like Istanbul 2005, like Old Trafford last week. Milan know that Rafa has more than Plan A and Plan B.

Well i did say Gerrard would be free, plus we would have wide players to tuck in and help instead of standing around all game.

It doesn't take too much working out, unless you are just trying to pick holes in posts :roll:

I think that Pirlo and Guttuso are one of the best midfield pairings in the world, they compliment each other perfectly. They also create the space for Kaka to play in, ignore this at your pearl.

I think that Pirlo and Guttuso are one of the best midfield pairings in the world, they compliment each other perfectly. They also create the space for Kaka to play in, ignore this at your pearl.

I don't doubt mate that Milan have a very good pairing there and that they will take some stopping.

What i do believe though, and correct me if i am wrong, that Liverpool are far better centrally than Man U (midfield) and that is where Man U were overan in Milan.

I believe that although it will take an almighty effort, Liverpool have the players/tools/tactics that actually suit playing against a team like milan, who's best players are all central.

Man U didn't have the grit and fight in midfield (scholes excellant but can not tackle) for example, which is why they lost, but Liverpool do have those players.

It will be interesting.

I hope that AC Milan paste the living crap out of Liverpool ,Benitez the Scouse Git playing his second string team in a vital relegation battle going on,I think is a disgraceful way to behave.I cannot believe that Liverpool did this they do not play in the CL final until the 23rd so why do this.Getting beaten by Fulham say's it the EC will go to Ital this season.