RAC declares Manor Estate a "NO GO" area

When I was installing satellite TV I would not go on the patio estate at swinton without a mate to sit in the van and guard it. I told the customer this service cost an extra tenner or I didn't do the job.

Too many other vans broken into. Mine was not going to be next.

Bus drivers did it on an estate in Rawmarsh some years ago. I can't blame the RAC for this move but pity the customers who should be told.

Did anyone see the item about this news story on Look North just now? I ask because the few seconds I saw of the item looked as if it was showing Shiregreen rather than Manor - I saw my car in it, which is a relatively rare model. Unfortunately this news item isn't in the version of Look North you can watch on the BBC site.

Why the hell would it stop the RAC as a hole. There bloody grown men, i think they should have the choice where they cover. If i was working for then RAC i wouldnt be put off by an attack, nore would alot of `big fella's` that work for the company.

I have seen plenty of "big fellas" get pasted by 15 and 16 yr old lads before, and thats not mob handed either, thats one on one.

Here we go again, another let's jump on the bandwagon and slag the Manor off thread.

My bet is the majority of idiots who post on this topic will have never been on the estate or associated with people who have.

You probably would win your bet judging by the state of things there

I agree it's not just the Manor, there are other places as well. Problem is that as a country we have a generation of idiots with poor parental support. We have parents who don't work because they are better off unemployed on benefits. The solution (if there is one) - stop the benefits of families who cause trouble, if big Jonny is chucking bricks at firemen and is caught then he is responsible for his families benefits being stopped.

nobody deserves to be assulted by a group of youths but it does happen in any area and to anyone not just on the Manor. Just today a man was attacked in broomhill but crime in the "better" areas seems to go un-noticed/unreported, sure the RAC has other "NO GO" areas.

ONE of Britain's biggest breakdown recovery companies has declared a Sheffield housing estate a no-go zone after dark.

Isn't this because the police have allowed it to become a 'no-go zone'. No such area should exist for anyone, including the police. Go in heavy handed and nail the people that create these so-called no-go areas. Keep nailing them again and again and again till they stop.

RAC have the right to suspend duties on an estate they dont feel safe working on. How would you like turning up to work at night to be assuleted by a group of youths?

They do indeed, but they also have to balance this with the fact that if this idea of 'no go areas' escalates then they will lose customers. People pay companies like the RAC to provide them with a safety net if they break down and if certain areas are not covered then they may simply decide to play it safe and choose a company which does cover those areas. A lot of the customers are elderly or women and they won't like feeling uncertain about whether they are covered.

As to the fire bobbies getting hassle, I'd just turn the uber-powered hoses on the chavs and give 'em a blast into Rotherham...