RAC declares Manor Estate a "NO GO" area

Yes, I believe it to be a dodgy area due to the amount of trouble that occurs there and when I drive past or through it the usual display of boarded up windows, destroyed bus stops, missing phones from boxes, people on motorbikes without helmets etc tends to reinforce that.

I accept there are decent people living there too, I know people in the area, but I certainly wouldn't want to live there and consider it to be a dodgy area.

I doubt it.

I agree, it is a dodgy area, but I live on an equally dodgy estate, with all of these problems, so much so that at one time takeaway delivery and taxi's would not deliver or pick up. What estate is this - Wybourn- Yes it has got a bad reputation but there is also a great community spirit in parts of the estate that have not been ruined by problem families. Sort out the thugs and the idiots and parents that dont give a sh*t and give us our estate back.

This thread just about explains why this once great country is in such a mess.

We have a d-list politician making a bit of wind totally forgetting that it is his party which is mostly to blame for the situation described. His party which heralded the good old Human Rights legislation which in a nanosecond ensured that the perpetrators of crime, bad behaviour and everything else unsavioury were now untouchables.

The RAC too worried to enter the Manor? Well trained, muscular firemen aren't mad keen going there either to be confronted by AsboWarriors and the Hoodie fraternity who hilariously chuck huge bricks at the firemen as they try to put out a fire the brain-dead sect started. Even the police deem the place a definite no-go area.

But then any bad word against the Manor is picked up as an attack on the people who live there, this stifling the conversation and turning it into a rant about the bad deal the Manor gets in the press, instead of concentrating on what is going to be done to make places like the Manor a decent place again.

So the answer, in effect, is to tool up the RAC, the milkman, the postie and any other resident and give them lessons in martial arts and self-defence - why, let's pay 'em if they don't really want to - in order to allow people to go about their everyday business?

Ridiculous.

The decent majority of people who live on the Manor deserve to get their community back, but despite money thrown at the place time and again, more regeneration cash than arguably any other area in Sheffield, little's changed and until the likes of Caborn start ridding the area of the real trash that make life a misery for its residents - howabout a bit of law and order Mr Caborn, a custodial sentence perhaps? - than I can fully understand why the likes of the RAC are raising two fingers to anyone unfortunate to find themselves in need of their services who just happen to be in or live on the Manor.

We have a d-list politician making a bit of wind totally forgetting that it is his party which is mostly to blame for the situation described. His party which heralded the good old Human Rights legislation which in a nanosecond ensured that the perpetrators of crime, bad behavior and everything else unsavory were now untouchables.

The RAC too worried to enter the Manor? Well trained, muscular firemen aren't mad keen going there either to be confronted by AsboWarriors and the Hoodie fraternity who hilariously chuck huge bricks at the firemen as they try to put out a fire the brain-dead sect started. Even the police deem the place a definite no-go area.

But then any bad word against the Manor is picked up as an attack on the people who live there, this stifling the conversation and turning it into a rant about the bad deal the Manor gets in the press, instead of concentrating on what is going to be done to make places like the Manor a decent place again.

So the answer, in effect, is to tool up the RAC, the milkman, the postie and any other resident and give them lessons in martial arts and self-defense - why, let's pay 'em if they don't really want to - in order to allow people to go about their everyday business?

Ridiculous.

The decent majority of people who live on the Manor deserve to get their community back, but despite money thrown at the place time and again, more regeneration cash than arguably any other area in Sheffield, little's changed and until the likes of Caborn start ridding the area of the real trash that make life a misery for its residents - howabout a bit of law and order Mr Caborn, a custodial sentence perhaps? - than I can fully understand why the likes of the RAC are raising two fingers to anyone unfortunate to find themselves in need of their services who just happen to be in or live a place like on the Manor.

Excellently put.

If you, I, and the majority of posters on here know that this is the case, the question is why (so it seems) don't Richard Caborn and Jan Wilson?

Decent people, no matter where they live, are entitled to live a peaceful life. The people that have the power in this, one of the richest countries on the plantet, whether through incompetence or denial are denying them this most basic of human desires.

Before I run for cover... I would just like to say.

Not having heard from any manor residents (unless I missed the post) what are the local people doing to combat bratty thuggish kids? Are they speaking out when jonnythug does something wrong? Calling the police? Giving evidence? Or are they closing their doors and saying thank god I wasn't involved?

Not judging anyone as my brother is living on the Manor and seems quite happy there, so much so he is buying his house, not been a victim of crime or anything but I know he wouldn't stand by and watch crime being committed and not do anything.

Excellently put.

If you, I, and the majority of posters on here know that this is the case, the question is why (so it seems) don't Richard Caborn and Jan Wilson?

Decent people, no matter where they live, are entitled to live a peaceful life. The people that have the power in this, one of the richest countries on the plantet, whether through incompetence or denial are denying them this most basic of human desires.

Have you noticed how the quote of my post has had certain words americanised? Unsavoury becomes unsavory, behaviour, behavior and self-defence becomes self-defense!!

Mods, are you Yanks in disguise?

Hmmm, putting all arguments about Manor, MPs and whatnot aside, the message I get from this is that if you are an RAC customer you had better not use Prince of Wales Road, even if you *are* using this section of the Ring Road as a shortcut to your mansion in Dore ( ;) ) in case you break down or you will be pushing your car home...

Hmmm, putting all arguments about Manor, MPs and whatnot aside, the message I get from this is that if you are an RAC customer you had better not use Prince of Wales Road, even if you *are* using this section of the Ring Road as a shortcut to your mansion in Dore ( ;) ) in case you break down or you will be pushing your car home...

I thought that, I often use Prince of wales rd on my way to/from my mansion in dore. I think I'll give it a miss from now on!

Have you noticed how the quote of my post has had certain words americanised? Unsavoury becomes unsavory, behaviour, behavior and self-defence becomes self-defense!!

Mods, are you Yanks in disguise?

More likely that I've got my spell-checker set to US and went through your post (when it was quited in mine) clicking change without manually checking.

Sorry!!

I thought that, I often use Prince of wales rd on my way to/from my mansion in dore. I think I'll give it a miss from now on!

Mmmm, me too. I shall also have to advise the butler not to take this road when he is on his way to one's mansion with one's order of Pate de Fois Gras. Don't want some oik half-inching it if the Rolls breaks down. What. What.

We have a d-list politician making a bit of wind totally forgetting that it is his party which is mostly to blame for the situation described. His party which heralded the good old Human Rights legislation which in a nanosecond ensured that the perpetrators of crime, bad behaviour and everything else unsavioury were now untouchables.

So the answer, in effect, is to tool up the RAC, the milkman, the postie and any other resident and give them lessons in martial arts and self-defence - why, let's pay 'em if they don't really want to - in order to allow people to go about their everyday business?

Ridiculous.

The decent majority of people who live on the Manor deserve to get their community back, but despite money thrown at the place time and again, more regeneration cash than arguably any other area in Sheffield, little's changed and until the likes of Caborn start ridding the area of the real trash that make life a misery for its residents - howabout a bit of law and order Mr Caborn, a custodial sentence perhaps? - than I can fully understand why the likes of the RAC are raising two fingers to anyone unfortunate to find themselves in need of their services who just happen to be in or live on the Manor.

it could easily be a decent place, its not that bad a place anyway. ive suggested the firefighters at mansfield rd be given arresting powers, they could apprehend criminals and hopefully they could then be taught a lesson by the courts