Have the police lost control in sheffield

simjns

Originally posted by Deejay

I think that after the stabbing in Carver Street a few weeks back there has been a huge increase in the number of Patrol Officers on a Friday and Saturday night around the town.. I think the stabbing incident gave the SYPF a wake up call..

DeeJ

The fatal stabbing in question (a girl I knew) was on a Wednesday night.

Haven't heard anything about the woman arrested for the crime, anybody else know anything?

Originally posted by evildrneil

Are we really so incapable of taking responsibility for our own actions and environment that we need police to 'control' us?

IM(NV)HO we are putting to much onus on the police - the primary responsability for a healthy society is the people who live in it...

True but when I run round with my baton and handcuffs I tend to get into trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

i think the police are stupid,dumb and thick the other day in tinsley i had my friends little girl whos only 5yrs old we went to my boyfs to ask him something when a stupid idiot nearly knocked my mtes daughter off her bike he was on a little motorbike and it shouldnt of been on the path.luckily there was cars on the path that saved us she fell on me and i fell on the car i called the police and they said they was coming to see me but they didnt.

That little motorbike is one of four vehicles being driven on the paths in Tinsley now by school kids. I reported the bikes too over the weekend along with a friend who lives at the other side of Tinsley.

Not seen a sausage of any police presence and the three cameras in the park are a waste of space as well as the £30,000 it cost to put them there.

We all pay about £100 each, every year for policing so where does the money go, and when are these new community police people starting?

Recruitment for PCSOs (Police Community Support Officers) is ongoing. It's still a relatively new venture so the first few are only just starting regular duty. Many more will be on patrol in 12 months' time.

The cameras are there to identify persistent offenders, but the nature of the bike problem is such that a single offence won't lead to a conviction. It'll take time for evidence to accumulate against individuals, but being classed as anti-social behaviour, these type of incidents cannot always be prioritised.

But being mown down by a petrol driven vehicle is normally a hit and run, isn't it? And if one of the little darlings accidently drove into 'somebody's' fist it wouldn't take long for 'somebody' to find themselves in trouble, would it???

Archived