Transport Companies Sheffield

....just to let all you ex bus and lorry drivers know --- AEC would have been 100 years old this year !

Hi everyone my names Steve, i served as a apprentice mechanic at Seniors transport rotherham between 1978 and 1985 working on Guy Big Js, Aec,Leyland Marathons ,Bison and leyland comet. Would like to hear from anyone who may have worked there around the same time.

hi steve , you remember ES transport

....just to let all you ex bus and lorry drivers know --- AEC would have been 100 years old this year !

that would be nice for the running AEC to have a big get together this year

I remember growing up in the 80's and going with my best mate to a small yard near his house between Spoonhill Road and Stannington Road. The yard was perched between the houses on a corner; an odd place for a transport yard we thought. Remember seeing several dark blue "modern" trucks, ERFs i seem to recall, plus a couple of decent now "classic" trucks; Atkinsons (i think) tucked away and left to 'rest'. Spent many hours watching over the wall as the skilled drivers shifted these trucks around in the smallest of spaces. Can't recall the name of the firm though!
It was Gosneys Transport owned by Arthur Gosney and run by his son in law Garth Strong,we looked after their wagons when I worked at Eagle garage/Warringtons.

It was Gosneys Transport owned by Arthur Gosney and run by his son in law Garth Strong,we looked after their wagons when I worked at Eagle garage/Warringtons.

do you remember a scammell reg 651 DWE

do you remember a scammell reg 651 DWE

Sorry no I must have worked on hundreds of wagons over the years was it a highwayman? Arthur had a steam engine in the yard as well.

Sorry no I must have worked on hundreds of wagons over the years was it a highwayman? Arthur had a steam engine in the yard as well.

IT was the round front handyman.my dad baught it , we went to the yard to look at it ,the gardner 150 was stripped down , dad said thats ok , rebuild it as it is , its going on local :) rotherham to Irvin trunk::cool: and it did , and never missed a beat , driver FRED

The only drivers I remember without a jog are Gordon Jolly and little Ray.

hi steve , you remember ES transport

I believe ES Transport was the name old man Osbourne used when he first started because he had bought some o-licenses/lorries of Ernest Senior in the days when that could be done.The yard he used on ginhouse lane also belonged to Ernest until he bought it of him i do believe.

I also have worked for Alan Stinson who became one of the founders in ABS Distribution, Hillstate transport,Syd Wood , Robert Earl jnr,A&E ,Ernest Thorpe, RW.Simpson and TSL vanguard in rotherham so as you can imagine lots memories of these firms.Besides my father working for lots of transport firms from when he started driving in the 50s such as Seniors , Leonard Greens and AE.Scothern.

I also have worked for Alan Stinson who became one of the founders in ABS Distribution, Hillstate transport,Syd Wood , Robert Earl jnr,A&E ,Ernest Thorpe, RW.Simpson and TSL vanguard in rotherham so as you can imagine lots memories of these firms.Besides my father working for lots of transport firms from when he started driving in the 50s such as Seniors , Leonard Greens and AE.Scothern.

Any one work for Richmond Road Road sevices.

Hi Cummins were you at Syds when he called it a day as I worked there for around 8 months until he pulled the pin I usually had a F12 or ERF on locals but did a few weeks on nights with the Iveco's as well.