Transport Companies Sheffield

hi eveyone im new to the forum.great pics aswell.my dad was a driver for a.e.evans think it was 62-77.hallam oil name comes up in my mind aswell.remember going to a place called easington or something like that with him and me older brother,names have got ken snell,graham russell,les padley,joe diskins.my dads one of the names above.died 15yrs ago.

hi eveyone im new to the forum.great pics aswell.my dad was a driver for a.e.evans think it was 62-77.hallam oil name comes up in my mind aswell.remember going to a place called easington or something like that with him and me older brother,names have got ken snell,graham russell,les padley,joe diskins.my dads one of the names above.died 15yrs ago.

Hi and welcome I knew a few of Evens drivers and mandator worked there I also knew most of the Hallam Oil drivers as I used to have my wagon serviced there and then it changed to Crossroads from Hallam Commercials and I was based in their yard Joe drove the artic and they had a 8 wheelers 6 wheelers and 4 wheelers and I am not sure if Ken drove another artic or a 8 wheeler and I can recall Colin who worked in the yard and then went on a 4 wheeler I may recall others with time as it is the mid 80s since I was in there.

was the bedford one of frank proctors or albert marriot by any chance

Hello and welcome to the forum pal.

What was your dad's name,I worked at A E Evans from 1970-1979 and I knew all those names you mentioned including Easington which was on Spurn Head,the BP Gas Plant.I know that Ken and Les both passed away,I went to Les' funeral,must be over 7 years ago.Graham Russell and Joe Diskin had left Evans when I started,I know Joe went to LPG at Orgreave.

Do you have any photos of Evans vehicles,not that many about.

Cheers,

Chris.

Edited by Manxdeedah

Hello and welcome to the forum pal.

What was your dad's name,I worked at A E Evans from 1970-1979 and I knew all those names you mentioned including Easington which was on Spurn Head,the BP Gas Plant.I know that Ken and Les both passed away,I went to Les' funeral,must be over 7 years ago.Graham Russell and Joe Diskin had left Evans when I started,I know Joe went to LPG at Orgreave.

Do you have any photos of Evans vehicles,not that many about.

Cheers,

Chris.

my dad was ken.he died about 15 years ago cancer. i think me mother has a few pics of his waggons knocking about in the loft so cud take me aa bit to find them.the waggon i remember going to spurn head in was a big grey tanker.my brother sat on the small seat,and i sat on the big box inthe middle.think me dad showed me brother how to drive them,and he his driving waggons to this day.like to no if anyone has any stories about me dad or photos.thanks for your replys.

my dad was ken.he died about 15 years ago cancer. i think me mother has a few pics of his waggons knocking about in the loft so cud take me aa bit to find them.the waggon i remember going to spurn head in was a big grey tanker.my brother sat on the small seat,and i sat on the big box inthe middle.think me dad showed me brother how to drive them,and he his driving waggons to this day.like to no if anyone has any stories about me dad or photos.thanks for your replys.

Hi,sorry don't know your first name.If you would sooner I sent a private message about your dad Ken I will do so,let me know.Not that there is anything disparaging about him,he was a good friend to me when I first started there.

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by Manxdeedah

Hi,sorry don't know your first name.If you would sooner I sent a private message about your dad Ken I will do so,let me know.Not that there is anything disparaging about him,he was a good friend to me when I first started there.

Cheers,

Chris

hi chris.my names alan.ye u can send me private message if you want,but not sure how it works as am new on computor.if you send me pm ithink i should b able to reply back to your inbox.my mother said she going try and find the pics of the waggons she got.cud take a couple of days tho?also she said there was a man there called burt lancaster.

hi chris.my names alan.ye u can send me private message if you want,but not sure how it works as am new on computor.if you send me pm ithink i should b able to reply back to your inbox.my mother said she going try and find the pics of the waggons she got.cud take a couple of days tho?also she said there was a man there called burt lancaster.

Hi Alan.

Ok,I will PM you.When you open the Transport Forum look top right and it should show "Your PMs".Click on it and it will direct you to my message.Let me know if you are in difficulty and I'll try and help,not that I'm much cop with computers either.:hihi:

I will message you later tonight - tell your Mum I remember Bert Lancaster,he lived near Gleadless Church,and I have some other names she may remember.

I would love to see any photos she may have.

Chris