Transport Companies Sheffield

Hi there longchat.... I will tell my dad that somebody remembers him from tinsley... What is your name?

my name is pete your dad used to give me a lift to and from tinsley 1981-82 in his mini bus :)i live near darnall

my name is pete your dad used to give me a lift to and from tinsley 1981-82 in his mini bus :)i live near darnall

Pet did you used to run between templeborough and thyburgh when you were on Truswells late 80s as I did the same for Syd Wood

Pet did you used to run between templeborough and thyburgh when you were on Truswells late 80s as I did the same for Syd Wood

yes thats me ran out of concast at templeborough ,whats your name :huh:

yes thats me ran out of concast at templeborough ,whats your name :huh:

Hi Pete if you look at my picture it will give you a clue as Sid you used to bananas when he came in at templeboro and the place was full of smoke :D my name is Johnnie

Pete, my dad said he can't remember was it you or tony green who popped a 10t slab into the cab on the new tm Bedford of trussies, when they were first painted red and white......my dad is on the phone laughing his nuts of reminiscing....

Hi Pete if you look at my picture it will give you a clue as Sid you used to bananas when he came in at templeboro and the place was full of smoke :D my name is Johnnie

yes i remember you johnnie did you go on to work at sainsburys :)

---------- Post added 20-06-2013 at 22:07 ----------

Pete, my dad said he can't remember was it you or tony green who popped a 10t slab into the cab on the new tm Bedford of trussies, when they were first painted red and white......my dad is on the phone laughing his nuts of reminiscing....

yes that was me Tony sadly passed away 6-7 years ago

yes i remember you johnnie did you go on to work at sainsburys :)

Thats right Pete I went to sainsburys do you still go to hillsboro

Hi, I am new on here and am fascinated with this thread

---------- Post added 19-06-2013 at 20:35 ----------

My father worked for many haulage companies in the 60's to the 80's in and around Sheffield and had many a good tale to tell..... To name a few he worked for thorpes both long distance and shunting at tinsley park... Shepherds when they were at church street, he had the first artic they got, revill son and broadbent, barracloughs at thurlstone working out of Hepworth pipe works at crow edge, barber road services, hope and anchor, these are to name but a few, does anybody remember him ? His name is Geoff Proost...

Your dad was a young mechanic with me at waldot service stn on middlewood rd in 1959-61 and was a good mate of mine and so was your mum Gloria who worked at Kenyons Hairdressers also on middlewood rd.not seen them for a few years now please give them my best wishes,Mel.

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 09:37 ----------

Eorofrogltd,Ask geoff if he remembers Hedley Green,Roy Thorpe,Chris Beumont,Eric Shipley,John Dungworth,Roger Turner,Eddie Lewis,Betty Hewitt,Mel Lunn,oh yes we go back a long way me and your dad.

hi mel,

sat with my dad now and he remembers you very well, my dad says he bumped into a chap in tenerife called john who originally owned the douglas dragonfly that my dad bought off ollie...proper name geoff thinks is Alwin. do you still live in Oughtibridge... this has made Geoffrey smile...

Thats right Pete I went to sainsburys do you still go to hillsboro

i remember you going to sainsburys sent a pal of mine stayed till he retired must have been ok job . and no i dont get to hillsboro much these days once last season more arm chair supporter. good to hear from you . pete

hi mel,

sat with my dad now and he remembers you very well, my dad says he bumped into a chap in tenerife called john who originally owned the douglas dragonfly that my dad bought off ollie...proper name geoff thinks is Alwin. do you still live in Oughtibridge... this has made Geoffrey smile...

No i live at wickersley now but tell proosty that ime still riding bikes,theres no fool like an old fool ehehe.Hedley is still alive and lives at verwood near Bournemouth.Mrs Dungworth is still alive and she is 87 now and i speak regularily to her. I do remember ollie.That douggie was crap he saw your dad coming.How s your mum then after all those years with your owd lad is she on full strength prozac ehe he cant thump me from here tell him. mel

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 18:31 ----------

No i live at wickersley now but tell proosty that ime still riding bikes,theres no fool like an old fool ehehe.Hedley is still alive and lives at verwood near Bournemouth.Mrs Dungworth is still alive and she is 87 now and i speak regularily to her. I do remember ollie.That douggie was crap he saw your dad coming.How s your mum then after all those years with your owd lad is she on full strength prozac ehe he cant thump me from here tell him. mel
Are they still up at stocksbridge?

:D

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 18:46 ----------

Didnt Geoff work for Jack Probbits at one time?

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 18:46 ----------

Didnt Geoff work for Jack Probbits at one time?

Probitts is a blast from t'past,I remember the name but can't remember where their yard was. Were they a cream colour?