Complaint over Dead Passenger for Flight Duration!

Dear me! How dare he complain at his travelling companion! :o

Personally, whilst holding sympathy for the grieving family, I really don't think this chap should have been left sitting in that row.. at the very least given a refund!

http://timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1530572.ece

thats awful.

He should have been asked first. I'd find sitting next to a dead person for 5 hours disturbing too.

oh my god, i wasn't sure if this was a joke. are the airline crew qualified to pronounce someone dead? i wouldn't have thought so, so surely they should have landed and got medical advice. as it says in that article, if it only happens 1 in 3.6m passengers, surely they could have the decency to land the plane when it is such a long flight.

if i was that guy i'd be sueing them for trauma! i'd be having nightmares about sitting on planes next to dead people!

Mod: Some quite unsavoury posts removed. Please have a little respect. :nono:

if it only happens 1 in 3.6m passengers, surely they could have the decency to land the plane when it is such a long flight.

An item on the radio mentioned a Miami - London flight which made an emergency landing in Newfoundland to take off a dead person and a second person then snuffed it on the next leg of the flight. :(

thats awful.

He should have been asked first. I'd find sitting next to a dead person for 5 hours disturbing too.

I dont think you read it right, it was the same row, not in the next seat to him.

on the same row *IS* next to you, at the most you'd have 2 seats between you.

This was in the first class cabin. It wasn't next to the person it was in the same row but across the aisle. In first class, that's a long way! Not sure what else the cabin crew could have done.

Dear me! How dare he complain at his travelling companion! :o

Personally, whilst holding sympathy for the grieving family, I really don't think this chap should have been left sitting in that row.. at the very least given a refund!

http://timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1530572.ece

But more importantly:

"Trinder, chief executive of Capital Safety, which makes products for the building industry, holds a BA gold card and travels more than 200,000 miles a year with the airline."

Do you realize how much CO2 this releases?

:rolleyes:

Why are people so self centred?

If his mother had died under any circumstances, can you really imagine him expecting any different treatment to that this family received?

and as for corpse cupboards!! who is qualified to decide who goes in one of those?!?!

I have to say I would be concerned about possible hygene/health issues.

Given that the other passengers had no idea of the cause of death I can see why they would be worried.

Although you can sympathise with the family of the diseased and the shock they must have had, I'm surprised at the airline's attitude to the other passenger. It's not very good customer service, is it?

He'd paid £3,000 for the trip and was a regular traveller with them. I'd expect a bit more consideration and some recompense if I had to travel near a corpse with the family ululating around it. Surely they could have woken him first and asked him to move to another part of the plane before they brought the body through?