Complaint over Dead Passenger for Flight Duration!

The 'get over' it comment was apparently over the telephone not written but again is by-the-by and doesn't change the fact he (and no other first class passenger) received any form of compensation.

The trouble with the "get over it" comment as was reported by Mr. Trindle, you really don't know what sort of exchange came before it.

Was Mr. Trindle perhaps overly aggressive when demanding compensation?

Was Mr. Trindle's adrenaline pumping so much that he misinterpereted what the BA person was saying. All these things are speculative but a telephone exchange is rather different from an actual letter, as some have already pointed out it would be highly unlikely that BA would have corresponded to Mr.Trindle in that way in written form.

The only real way to discover how the complaint by Mr. Trindle was handled would be to listen to the complete conversation or get a copy of the transcript so that we don't just get Mr. Trindles take on the telephone conversation.

As we all know there are ways of approaching a situation if you want to get compensation whether from a shop or an airline, the people you speak to are all human, If Mr. Trindle went at it like a bull in a china shop then no matter how much of a valid a case he might of had it wouldn't suprise me that BA held firm, particuarly if complaints like this are dealt by a case by case nature.

He does appear to be a sensitive sort of a soul.

Sensitive in that he "was terrified" and wants compensation for the "wailing relative". Not sensitive in that somebody had just died.

As I stated before Tony, the fact that he didn't get up from his seat, have a word with the cabin crew and sit were there were now empty seats in economy where the grieving family were originally speaks volumes about Mr. Trinder's character. That would have benefited the family as it would have given them more privacy and also would have benefited Mr. Trinder as he would have been well away from the dead body. What does Mr. Trinder do? Nothing, prefering not to give up his luxuries and perks that he gets from first class.

If he did exchange his seats for economy class then I'm sure his claims for compensation would be much stronger. As far as I can tell Mr.Trinder only has himself to blame and in the words of BA should "get over it" and stop crying like a baby about it, he is after all a hard nosed businessman after all.

If that was the best option for the BA staff then yes, I would accept it.

Certainly if I was a regular business/ first class passenger then I wouldn't worry too much about the money aspect, £3,000 probably didn't mean that much to Mr.Trindle.

Well there is not much else I can say, except we are not all the same.

l, and I suspect most people would not be best pleased with having a corpse sat near me.

By the way £3000 means £3000 even to a millionaire.

The man travels 1st class to be well fit to carry out business on his arrival, having travelled next to a dead body may well alter his mood and wellbeing his business trip ultimately could suffer.

Surely, in this day and age, there should be a hygenic disposal system or procedure, for those who ' pass on ', during a flight. After all, on a long distance flight, with the high temperatures, there is the danger of a bit of a nasty pong. Now that smoking has beeb banned, passengers don't want one bad smell replaced by another. It's hard to say, in fact, which is worse ?

As air travel gets more popular, this problem of flying corpses is likely to increase enormously. It could be that 2 or even 3 corpses are dotted about amongst the living !

I'm pretty certain that no reasonable person would object if air-lines had a sort of chute to dispose of unwanted travellers. After all, even now, people who hand in their dinner plate at sea are dropped feet-first into the briny. On the plane, there could be a short, simple service of some kind and then ........whoosh !!.........problem gone.

I wouldn't be surprised either if some cut-price air-lines didn't sell a kind of ' stand-by ' cheap ticket. You would be obliged to stand all the way, if necessary, but if someone kicked the bucket en route, you could sit in their vacated seat.

Your suggestion is a joke right?

You need to have the body ideally kept chilled to arrive for inspection (post mortem ) to rule out foul play (murder)

Who or what gave the crew the right to move the body before it was medically examined? If a doctor has not pronouced the person dead with a probable cause of death, with no suspicious circumstances, the body should have been left in situ untill it could be properly investigated.

By the way £3000 means £3000 even to a millionaire.

The man travels 1st class to be well fit to carry out business on his arrival, having travelled next to a dead body may well alter his mood and wellbeing his business trip ultimately could suffer.

To me Mr.Trindle sounds like the guy who would complain that his expensive new television got damaged in a storm even though his nextdoor neighbour has just had his roof blown off.

To me Mr.Trindle sounds like the guy who would complain that his expensive new television got damaged in a storm even though his nextdoor neighbour has just had his roof blown off.

How do know so much about this man?

You seem to be saying he would be like such and such just because he can afford to travel 1st class.

How do know so much about this man?

You seem to be saying he would be like such and such just because he can afford to travel 1st class.

Not really, it's just how he has reacted to the incident, as I have said in his pursuit of gaining compensation he's obviously managed to get the press involved whether directly or indirectly. I wonder if he gave much thought to the fact that the same grieving family might have picked up the newspaper and read the story, I supect that his compensation is FAR more important than any feelings the grieving family might have if they were to see the story in the newspapers.