The old 'Ice Cream' Families of Sheffield

Manfredi & Monfredi (Montys) are not the same people, But I'm sure that traced back far enough they are related.......just seperated by a mis-spelling either on documents when thier ancestors first entered the country or on a census form. This would have happend over a houndred years ago.........so may not be known by the present day families. I'm sure that both families would deny any connections if asked.

Sorry can't help you with that one, I think it was the way us brits pronounce it.

Taggy's at Heeley Green was def the best Ice Cream in Sheffield. He was a nice old guy, but I think he took his recipe to the grave with him,as I have never tasted asnything like that since.

Taggy's at Heeley Green was def the best Ice Cream in Sheffield. He was a nice old guy, but I think he took his recipe to the grave with him,as I have never tasted asnything like that since.

From a kid who use to eat green snow and call it ice cream All ice cream taste good:hihi::hihi::hihi:

In Attercliffe just a little way past the Globe Picturehouse was an ice cream dairy which was owned by 'Hunt' I went to the same school as Barry Hunt one of their kids.

nice lad barry i lived in attercliffe from 1944 till 1965 and worked for truffellis ice cream and knew barry very well

i'm not sure if taggys wasn't the oldest icecream makers in sheffield and some say it was the only proper icecream made in sheffield it was certainly very different to the stuff we have around today.when we were kids one of our treats on sunday was to have a large bowl filled with icecream when the van came round and we'd share it out after tea.

i'm not sure if taggys wasn't the oldest icecream makers in sheffield and some say it was the only proper icecream made in sheffield it was certainly very different to the stuff we have around today.when we were kids one of our treats on sunday was to have a large bowl filled with icecream when the van came round and we'd share it out after tea.

Cuneos ice cream was established in 1864......and as for being the only proper ice cream made in the area......I think you will find that there were lot's of others making 'proper' ice cream

IMO, Taggy's was the only ice-cream worth eating!

which families in ice cream had horses

Monfreddie of Penistone rd the kids of 39 would let me into the stable once in a while dont know after Italy came into the war the horse's and carts was turned upside down by Sheffield ruffs most unkind

Rebori family had horses called Peace & Victory

Reboris lived in Copper street at West Bar and later moved to Rotherham.....they where related to the DeCarolis,Buffalaro,Granelli & masserella families