Where did you go on holiday as a child?

From about 10 yrs old and up, we used to go to another uncle's caravan in Chapel St Leonards, near Skegvegas. This was on the Robin Hood Camp.

so did we, not in yr uncles caravan of course:hihi: also went to bude and hemsby. but spent most wkends in whitby, a family freind had a house there and we'd stay with them:thumbsup:

It was the oldest one on sea lane right next to the beach. Gas light, car battery to power a portable tv and a run to the shower block for a tinkle and a wash.

We also went crabbing, brought a beauty home, mum caught us and dad just as we had thrown it in the pan of boiling water :suspect:

once i got crabs on hols but not that sort :hihi:

we went to spain germany italy ramsgate when i was a kid in the 60s

Following on from a day out in cleethorpes...

We went to Scarborough every year, works weeks, last week in July, first week in August, two weeks bed breakfast nd evening dinner. We used to hire one of the beach huts and have spent many a fortnight in there sheltering from the wind and rain lol.

The battleships in peasholm park, its a knockout, melon slices from the fruit stall near the corner cafe. Ride round to the south bay on the open top bus. Jaconellis (sp) icecream and the odd penny spent in Corrigans.

We take the kids these days, probably about three times a year for the day. They love it too.

We went to Scarborough every year too - two weeks in August. Usually stayed in a guest house on Castle Road - I remember the orange nylon sheets very well.... :shakes: We always used to get our 'spot' on the beach a bit further down from the lifeboat house, near the trampolines (I spent hours on them). I remember one year it was so hot that we had to wear flip-flops on the beach because the sand burnt our feet. I remember 'It's a Knockout' too now, i'd forgotton all about that.

Archived