Where did you go on holiday as a child?

Hi tedobf. Welcome to the forum.:thumbsup:

Forgive my ignorance, but where is Crooked Chimney?:confused:

as a child we had a tourer van, parents used to pick us up from school most fridays and we would spend the weekends in cleethorpes, blackpool, skegness, we even used to park on my aunties land in Southport. From the age of 13 parents decided to buy a static van in ingoldmells, skegness. Even though the tornado that hit in about 1988 that wrecked the caravan didnt put them off, they are still there throughout the season.:)

Been to the usual seaside places, but when i was 14 i went to Malta! :D

What's with the obsession with windswept Lincolnshire towns? Aren't they a bit ... well ... grim, as holiday destinations? Not that I've been to any so I may not have a clue what I'm talking about.

I've been quite spoilt actually, i've been to all the usual seaside places and i've been abroad every year since i was about 6, been to near enough every place in spain i can think of :hihi:

Bacton , Norfolk, right next door to the onshore gas terminal

1958 - Llandudno (Guest House)

1959 & 60 - Scarborough(Colley's Camp)

1961 - Norfolk (camping)

1962 -1966 - Cornwall (camping)

1967 - Guernsey (with school)

1968 - 1973 - North Wales (camping)

Bridlington, Scotland and then when we a bit older, across to Europe, towing the carvan behind us. (I still remember Dad driving through the centre of Paris after being forced off the ringroad while towing!!!! Well, actually, he got in the wrong lane, but he won't admit it....)

Oh the joys...... Staggering across a field in the middle of the night to the toilet block, the rain pelting down and hammering on the caravan roof, getting lost, the car breaking down...........!!!

Those were the days........ :hihi: :hihi:

We went camping for almost the whole six weeks every summer, as mum and dad both had the school holidays. Plus Whit and Easter etc. I was 6 weeks old the first time I went.

We had an old ambulance, then a VW camper and finally a coachbuilt motor home to travel in, and a huge frame tent for us kids.

We had brilliant times, we usually went with another family so there was a whole gang of kids, and we walked for miles, up mountains all over Britain, and usually managed to find a beach at some point of each holiday.

We still go camping with our kids, and still think it is the best holiday out.

We usually went to Mablethorpe, but occasionally to Paignton or Yarmouth.

Just remembered. I was taken to Blackpool when I was nine.

Guess what the weather did...

Bloody hell Jabber do you have a black rain cloud following you?

I'm on my knees now praying you keep away from Skeggy in the month of July. :hihi: :hihi:

Guest teebee

for a few years when i was little we used to stop at a b+b in bridlington, then my parents brought a caravan in mablethorpe (oh the shame of it) on golden sands