Playing "Tiggy"

Granny

A novel twist on Kick Can was that if you didn't like somebody you put half a house brick in the can before they kicked it.

What was the game where somebody stood with their back to a wall, others took up a crouching position in front of him, then the other team would run up and jump on their backs. (And no I haven't been watching some "dodgy" films.)

^ We used to play something like that at Scouts. We called it 'Rusty'.

It (honestly - I kid you not) involved reciting the phrase 'Finger, thumb, or rusty bum?' at some point in the proceedings.

No doubt the scout leaders were killing themselves laughing... or busily preparing their defence should a passing copper glance through the window.

If I remember rey't.......

Once the team had all jumped on the crouching teams backs, and assuming they hadn't managed to "collapse" the crouching teams efforts to withstand the onslaught.....one of them held a finger or thumb..or Fist in the air and shouted "Finger Thumb or Rusty Bum".

Someone in the crouching team had to reply which one was being held up.

No Idea why it was called rusty bum though.....unles it was something to do with the fact that the crouching team all had their heads between the person in front's legs.

Funny old game!

Used to play all these games, can anyone remember the rhymes we used to pick who was on, the only one I remeber is one, potato, two potatoe three potatoe aww, and one that began I draw a snake on this mans back, but can only remeber fragments of the rest.

Baron

Used to play all these games, can anyone remember the rhymes we used to pick who was on, the only one I remeber is one, potato, two potatoe three potatoe aww, and one that began I draw a snake on this mans back, but can only remeber fragments of the rest.

Baron

One potato, two potato three potato, four

five potato, six potato, seven potato, More...

and

"I draw a snake on this man's back

which finger did.... it!" And you had to guess which finger they used to draw it.

What about:-

"Ip-dip-dip,

My blue ship,

Sailing on the water

Like a cup and saucer

Ip dip-dip,

you are not ...it!"

and Ickle-ockle, chocolate bottle...

and

"I draw a snake on this man's back

which finger did.... it!" And you had to guess which finger they used to draw it.

".

Now who will end it with a smack?

Eeny meeny mackeracker, hum pum packeracker - can't remember any more

When "dipping" we used to use a few like this....

" Racing car number 9, losing petrol all the time, how many gallons did it lose" and who ever you were pointing at said a number, like 5, and then you dipped 5 and that person was out.

Or....

"There's a party on the hill, will you come? bring your own present and a current bun, (insert name of one of the people present, i.e. "billy") Billy will be there with a ribbon in his hair, O-U-T spells out!"