Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

What a cracking own goal. Nobody really threatening him, lots of time and he found the top corner with consummate ease. It never looked like going over the top. Bet he's a wizz at head tennis. The Owls players didn't know who to congratulate. Credit to Brunty for putting the right amount of spin on the ball.

Colchester were v. poor and ....

:

I think most people always suspected that Colchester’s limitations would eventually be found out this season; especially with the size of their squad; and selling Greg Halford for peanuts.

But, I have nothing but admiration for what they have achieved in the last three years, generally by playing good football (all be some of it at our expense; and before any Blade comes in with a comment; remember which championship team in addition to Derby; they knocked out the cup last year).

As Wednesday aren’t going up; I would have loved to see them do so; and see how the Premier boys fared at Layer Road. You wouldn’t get all of Abramovich or Al Fayeds’ body guards in the stand.

Clearly it’s not going to happen; but would have been good for football if it had (as long as their tactics hadn't deteriorated to the level described by Jazzy)

On a completely different note; just thank God we weren't given permission to talk to Steve Cotterill last autumn.

Just read this off the U's Rivals site:

'If I was looking for excuses, and yes, I'm definitely looking for them, Hogan Ephraim had been injured on the half-way line as the move for the goal commenced and maybe, just maybe, Wednesday could have put the ball out to allow him treatment before the move started.'

Talk about, 'The boy who cried wolf'! If they hadn't been falling over in distress every five mins, then maybe we would have...

Pooofs.

And l**ds are still bottom.

God, that makes me feel good!! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

well thats my secret out then :help:

It must have been a nightmare (in more ways than one) for you; CB.

Out there in the Rockies; trying to get hold of scores (never mind flashes), especially in those pre-internet days

Did you have an arrangement with a local tribal chief, to relay the scores in smoke signals to you?.

i.e White for when you went in front; black behind; and grey for an equaliser; a bit like they do when electing a pope?

When that huge black cloud engulfed the whole of North America some years ago, we were lead to believe it was Mount Saint Helens erupting; but on reflection it must have been the Sioux informing you that the Blades were going through a dismal run, and were about to be relegated.

I can empathise with you on this one; it was a similar problem here in Europe.

I remember losing Radio 5 reception on the car radio somewhere near Dijon; with Wednesday leading West Ham 1-0 ten minutes in the second half; and not finding out the Hammers had equalised, until I bought an English paper in Switzerland on the Monday morning

Plymouth 2 Barnsley 4

Barnsley's kept us in 12th place for now :thumbsup:

Plymouth 2 Barnsley 4

Barnsley's kept us in 12th place for now :thumbsup:

And pulled away from leeds :D

And pulled away from leeds :D

The longer L**ds stay at the bottom the happier we will all be, Owls and Blades :D

Yes but L**ds are the ones we MOST want to go down lolol

How many did colchester bring about?

Around 3.

Seriously, no more than 100-150