Silverdale Secondary Modern School

Everyone liked Pop Shooter, Mr Atkinson was ok too. There was a crazed metalwork teacher called cheadle, used to throw hand vices at students when he got annoyed (which was all the time) can you imagine that today?

Czechmate - you must have been at Silverdale a bit later than the 60's alright!

I was there in the 80's (just into the 90's), and Mr Beeley, Mr Lee, Mrs Odale and Miss Wilson (pinhead - she was my form teacher) were all there during my time.

My cousins both went to Silverdale in the early 80s, owing to the fact that my uncle was the caretaker.

hiya just thought i would try to get this thread a bit nearer top.

hope everyone is ok

mike if you want to meet up after all these yrs please contact me by private message,

Andy hudson,

I was there during 1981/1982- 1986/1987.

Mrs Oldale was my first form teacher in A1, i think, I was in 1N1, but being a bit of a troublesome character, they moved me to Mr Lee's form up in C2, Mr Hardy taught Maths in C3, the little short "brylcreem man"!!

Then upto Bents Green shops to buy 10 B+H for 94p at lunchtime, and smoke them right at the top end of the paddock.

On the last day of the last year we were there, we turned over Mrs Gregory's lovely little yellow mini onto its roof!! :o

saw him with his wife the other day Jass, so pleased to report he's not been widowed. Do you remember Mr Beeley and his remarkable hair that seemed to be parted at low level all the way round and tied in knots at the top!

Yeah, I remember Mr Beeley. What did he teach - was it English? He never actually taught me, but a friend of mine was in his class. Mr B told her she would never make anything of her life and would end up destitute. She went on to marry a guy who became a millionaire and have recently retired to Florida :D

I was in Mr Horn (baggy's) class always remember the time it took him an intire lesson to take register.

Also had Mr Shooter as a form Teacher top bloke I believe he sadly passed on many years ago.

Also had Bouliden,pape,cousins,harvey,jordan.marsh as form teachers and remember Lee, beeley and firth being at the school at the same time.

I was there aprrox 76 -81. Mr Horn(shut up,shut up) was the english teacher,(i think he had actually been in a concentration camp:( from what was said when I was there),Mrs Crowther;) taught French,Mr Lee great maths teacher(pig fan),Mr Beeley ( the hair :hihi: ) (son was Chris who was captain of the cricket team that I played in)Mr Cousins(PE),Mr Pape (PE) & there was also a gay french/german teacher that I can't think of his name.

Just rememebered Mr Longson who taught History and was in charge of the cricket teams

There were some small purple biscuits they sold for 3pence which were delicious too. purple foil i mean, i remember richard tingle,andrew williams,edward gilpin,the hudson brothers who lived on the nearby farm,alastair smith,the fizzy tizer in the canteen was ace as my previous school was well behind the times.

I remember Richard Tingle,Eddie Gilpin,The Hudson Brothers from Whirlow farm

Mr Pape & Mr Cousins PE teachers

hi

i'm Andy Hudson

its been a long time since i was at school lol

Andy

ps fudbeer i used to know some guys that lived on alms hill

nigel wood,adrian bloor,david chapman and nice guy in same yr as me stephen woods

whats your name?