Silverdale Secondary Modern School

Does anyone remember Mr Jordan Who taught at Silverdale.

He taught me for a couple of years - technology in that horrible dark room at the back of the tech block. Think I mustered up a fuse tester and a keyring under his supervision. There wasn't one fuse tester in the class that worked - we were all too busy making jewellrey out of solder.

I also made a fuse tester in Mr Jordan's class which my Dad promptly threw away! Have to say that Mr Wainwright was much more memorable and much more of a charater...

Can anybody top Pinhead as form tutor???

Good old Pinhead and that little red biscuit tin she had - someone put it on bricks once!!

Used to be in Mr Wainwright's form - there was always a Monday discussion on Wednesday's performance - you had to like footie if you were in his form!

I used to go to Silverdale but it was that long ago I cannot remember any teachers names.

I remember t'old Derek!!

after teaching metalwork, he decided to take up trying to reform us dropouts in C10, the old detention room!!

We all swore down he was having an affair with bulldog bullidon!!!

Then Mrs Gregory who had the bright yellow mini to match her hair!!!

Mr Winfield was my form tutor in the art block!!

AHHHH the good old days..............NOT!!!!

I was in mr.hardy's class and have good memories from my schooling in those days, we previously moved up to sheffield in 1976 from down south.

Pm me if you were it would be nice to have a reunion.:)

My brother was there at this time. He would have been 15 in 1978!!

I'll pass this on to him as he doesn't live in Sheffield.

I was at Silverdale between these dates, cannot remember the teachers names as I forgot, but Mr Hardy does ring a bell.

Mrrs evans was my re teacher and i can remember most of my school friends, did you wear the purple blazer and tie? i remember raising money for charity connected to smilies and pens for our gymnasium, we played blockey 123 a game where you knock the ball against the wall of the school and the next person has to catch the ball before it bounces twice, i used to throw at the building catching the inside of the wall so the ball deviated.

Dundee biscuits were popular as well as our snack shops and canteen it was well ahead of it's time then.

Oh I loved Dundee biscuits, my fav, also liked PE day when we did the jog round where I used to live (Whirlow farm).

I do have some old school photos of me (yes they are in colour)... and shall stick them on my website incase anyone remembers me from those days.

I can remember class friends names well, but not one teacher.