Fashion victims - past and future

when i was younger i had a coat that was black and you could turn it inside out so it was sliver i hated that coat lol.

Daftest thing? Puffball from Coppernob - whatever happened to that shop? I just liked the name:)

I dunno, it frightens me that a lot of the stuff out this year I'm now wearing the second time around (dogtooth, prince of wales check, tartan) The leggings under dress look..(which I'm not doing, doing this time with trousers)

I'm waiting for perms to come back frankly:hihi:

Some people still wear that you know. The layering thing with leggings.

I think it's more acceptable now to experiment, and those who wear a different style even when that particular fashion is not 'in' at the moment, is seen as being adventurous !

Hmmm...I saw a leggings with white stilettos outfit today.

I really don't think people are any more adventurous nowadays and as guilty as being fashion victims as ever - and will be ridiculed in years to come!

not silly, it was my pride and joy, but this

http://www.melthebell.dsl.pipex.com/files/pics/mohican.jpg

:D

nice. at least yours doesn't make you cringe in retrospect, unlike one of my 'experimental' hairdos - bearing in mind i'm a skinny little lady - number 2 all over, except the fringe, which i grew long enough to put 2 foot long orange and white extensions in. i really wish i'd known how shocking they looked, but i just quite liked the novelty of having the extensions (except when i was on the train to shrewsbury to see my intended, and went through wolverhampton on a match day) and never really looked at myself in the mirror properly. oh god, it makes the toes curl.

edit to add - the extentions were 2 foot long, and there were many of them, not just 2 at a foot long each. that would be ridiculous. i now have long flowing wavy locks in an effort to singe the painful bad-hair memories from my memory.

Not that anyone will remember,but i had a lurvely pair of brown polyveldts(shoes) and a blue duffle coat.I thought i looked great,but now realise that i looked like a deranged geriatric :rolleyes::hihi:

...thinking about it,not sure i was 'all that' in me peddlepushers either :suspect:

I've probably worn some terrible things, a ponco, but I soon went off them when three of my friends all got ready to go out wearing them :rolleyes: but even if I do feel stupid looking back at photos in 10 years time as long as I'm having fun with and like what I'm wearing now I think it'll be funny to look back and think 'What on earth?!' :D

But those sneaky designers always change the details just enough so that those who're really interested in these things know you're wearing stuff from 3 years ago...

StarSparkle :)

However you can always claim your wearing "retro" gear, no-one can argue with that.

my first fashion disaster was at around 12 years old.

all the older girls used to wear oversized tops and leggings.....so i had too aswell:blush: i have a school photo of me with this vile MOOSIVE alice band, oversized shirt and leggings all in the most vile luminous yellow. occasionally the bros shoes came out complete with band logo, star studs and of course the trusty old bottle top....i really was doomed from the beginning!

my mum was a knitter for designer labels so i would wear slightly adapted mohare batwing junpers with gross designs on them

my other was rara polka dot skirt and matching top......oh and lets not forget to mention wearing odd luminous and striped socks.....

all this before 16, what was my mother thinking letting me out of the house like that?:rolleyes:

just remembered the short-short shirts and braces with over knee socks and super high platform shoes....this is now popular amongst the bratz dolls:hihi:

for school it was always a polo neck with long sleeves with a tshirt over it...yuk